floating with a controller float

• Thread starter honest it was that big
  • Start date
H

honest it was that big

hi lads and lassses fished with a controller float 10ib main line 3 feet from float to hook. with a pellet band hooked onto dog biscuit and hook sitting on the top i must have had 6 good size carp take the bait but letting it go eat all the rest of the biscuits i threw out i could see them taking the biscuit but letting it go straight away.its my first time float fishing was it spooking the fish or am i doing something wrong and tips or other good rigs too try would be a big help thanks everybody

Reaction score
Increase your tail to 5 or 6 ft and make sure the last inch or two is sunk under the water level .
You don`t say what size hook you were useing or what size carp you were fishing for .
I would go for a size 8 or 10 if you can get away with it ,depending on which brand you use as they can all differ .

Martyn Parker

Reaction score
Hi Mate,

I've been using the new Anchor Tackle Leaf Controller with about 6ft of line between float and hook. Size 10 Korda Widegape hook just nicked on the top of an Enterprise fake mixer on the opposite side to the weight. It takes a bit of trial and error to get it just right but the hook will sit ABOVE the fake mixer and out of the water. Had 6 in the last 2 weeks to 18lb with 1 hook pull. I tend to count to 2 when I get a take just to hope the whole lot is in the fishes mouth before striking. Seems to be working for me. Also, I have been using a trimmed 18mm Nash White Choc Pop Up with a groove cut into it and the hook glued into the groove. Had success there. I am not a fan of bait bands. Maybe you should give something else a try.

I also use Mucilin to grease the hooklength which is 10lb Reflo.

Hope this helps.

Cod On!!!