Sonu Baits and Fishingmagic

E

EC

I arrived home from work 2 days ago to find 2 large boxes of bait waiting for me courtesy of Sonu baits and FM. I realised that this was a prize for a user review I submitted at the back end of May.

I would like to publicly express my genuine thanks to Sonu for their kind generosity in sponsoring the user review comp each month.

Cheers

EC

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I'd like to second EC's thanks as I recieved a runner up box a couple of days ago. It looks brilliant and I can't wait to put it to use.

I couldn't work out why I got it at first then I remembered I did a user review lately.

Many thanks to Sonu baits and FM.

Cheers,

Christian

F

Frothey

they do some quite interesting bits... especially the finlay paste. used in a slightly different way.......

E

EC

To be honest Dave, I was surprised at the extent of their range. I'd heard about the skinz and feed pellet but their hookable hali and S pellets look spot on.

I am generally quite conservative with my hookbaits so I am really looking forward to giving them all a go.

E

EC

Anyway Froth, what do you mean by

"a slightly different way......."?

JimmyFloyd

Reaction score
I won in May too and echo what EC and Christian said. It's a very generous prize and the inhabitants of the Kennet are in for a good feed this summer!

W

Wolfman Woody

Ian Welch reckoned an 8mm Halli pellet hair rigged on a size 12 hook for BIG barbel.

Worth giving it a go, but quite different to my usual method of a big 22mm donkey choker on size 4.

E

EC

This is true Jethro, my usual was 2x18mm on a 6 mate.

Those hali hooker pellets look really oily and are squashy too, not sure they'd need a hair? Am hopefully going to try and catch a cruey tomoz, weather/girlfriend/kids/swim availability depending, so I may well give those S pellets a go!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I bought some of their hookable pellet the other day and i must say they look fantastic! I shall be using them on the River Sat for the barbel as Ian suggested.

E

EC

To be honest Wend, I've got snotty green things on my bonce at the moment, them and freddy kruegers (crucians) are my summer species mate.

Is it a fish-in?

E

EC

I always have a man cold mate, nothing better than a bit of fresh air to sort it though.

F

Frothey

the 4mm hooker pellets are great with an 11mm on the hair in small pva bags - a bit like a single hookbait, and the slick that comes off is unreal!

W

Wolfman Woody

The crucians shoul lap up the S-Pellets, Edwardo, but you might also like to try Mistral Squiggy Pellets in Rosehip flavour.

Perhaps we can all get Sonu to produce a nice sweetly flavoured pellet like a rosehip, they are cracking baits and make a change. Also good are Mainline's Maple Syrup flavour hookable pellets. Beauty is, all of these pellets last for ages.