What no fish??? re-visited

H

Huw

Nicky, Wonder if you remember offering to let me know of some local chub swims? Managed to wangle a couple of days (nights) off work to celebrate the glorious 16th. Quite fancy a nice chevin to start the new season. Look forward to hearing from you. Huw.

nicky

Reaction score
huw i haven't been on the forum for a while, so sorry i haven't seen your thread untill now.

I will get onto it.

I didn't do the rivers myself on saturday still have tench on my mind, did catch a nice size tench in morgans pond saturday, have you been there yet the lilly pads in school bay are spectacular.

H

Huw (ACA)

There today, nothing much happening. Mostly a dead pike and a dead tench drifting around constantly. Wonder if they spooked all the other fish? There only seemed to be skimmers and roach about. Oh yes, and a 4lb eel.....nasty thing, gooing up my line!
You're right about the lilly pads, fantastic!!

nicky

Reaction score
I fished there saturday, roach, rudd, and skimmers on the float rod.

I had the tench on the method feeder off the edge of the lillies.

Did you get my pm? send us your e-mail address and i'll send you the google earth photo's of lots of good chub swims on the rhymmney.

H

Huw (ACA)

Nicky sorry, maybe I'm a bit dense, but I can't see how to access pm's. A hint would be muchly helpful. many thanks, Huw.

J

john conway

Sorry to jump in Huw, just click on nicky's name and his profile pops up and at the bottom it says email me. When he returns your email you will both have one another?s email addresses..

G

Gary Knowles

Huw - did you weigh the eel?...if so thats far from nasty, its a cracking specimen !

nicky

Reaction score
hi huw

as the guys have said just click on my name, then click on the e-mail me button, send me your e-mail address and i'll send you the info

H

Huw (ACA)

No guys, I didn't properly weigh the eel, I was frustrated enough trying to unhook the bugger. Had to completely re-set up, as he had slimed my line up past the float. I don't really mind eels,I have a great respect for them, with all the world travelling they do and the fact that they have a bad reputation is definately not deserved, it was the best fight I have had in a long time.
They are just so annoying!

H

Huw (ACA)

Would the other fish in a lake, be deterred by dead fish floating around, especially a pike. It's well bloated and the bailiffs are waiting for it to come to the bank to remove it. I tried casting over both it, and the tench, but could not hook them to drag them in.

nicky

Reaction score
strange to have two dead fish floating around, dont think it would put the other fish off though

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

maybe they'd seen the eel and had been scared to death ....

H

Huw (ACA)

Maybe so, Ed, bloody thing scared me when it came out!
Not being an eel officinado, I didn't think they grew that big in inland lakes. Obviously enough food for it.

G

Gary Knowles

Huw,

Thats a shame a weight would have been interesting. eels are probably the most over-estimated fish when it comes to weight, i know I have done it myself. Most people think they have had 4lb eels until they weigh one....a 4lb eel looks about 6lb until you put it on the scales.

H

Huw (ACA)

Hiya Nick
Yes thanks very much, will give the suggested swim a go as soon as possible.

Bugger it!!!, had to re-set the damn pc yesterday, and I have lost my save files. Really sorry, but would you send it again please.