For Sale

Juan Villar 2

Reaction score
I have for sale a Richard Walker 10ft Fibre Glass Avon Rod. It's in very good condition. The eyes are also in very good condition and there's no wear and tear to the paint work. It has a cork handle and metal rungs for the reel. I have never used it personally but the previous owner may have done a few times.

I have seen the rod on http://www.flyfishingantiques.com/rods_floatnledger.htm sold at ?150. I will accept ?125 o.n.o. ideally via paypal.

If anyone is interested email me and I can send you photos.

Thanks

P

Phil Heaton

Because web sites such as that tend to put a daft price on an item then wait for a mug to buy. Also they may well have accepted an offer for the rod below that price.
The dreaded e-bay more accuratley reflects the true worth of such a rod, have a look, find a similar rod and track it through to being sold.
I bought one last year, with the plastic film still on the cork including delivery for under ?90 and it is in almost as new condition.

Trisantona

Reaction score
Think R.W.signed all the B.James split cane (bamboo)ones but not the hardy's ,Fibreglass not as valuable as less labour intensive.someone on here will know.

Juan Villar 2

Reaction score
Phil

Mine is not a split kane it's fibreglass and it looks to be in the same sort of nick as the one on ebay although I'm sure someone will point out that you can't compare split kane and fibreglass.

Trisantona

Thanks for the tip, will reduce asking price to ?75