Right, who was supposed to get out....

E

EC

I was hoping to go to a lake last night, but no sooner had I galloped my tea down and everything went black outside. A few minutes later I could have fished in the street, so I cheered myself up with a few bottles of stella whilst watching the cars go floating by.

Ever the optimist I set my alarm for 3.15am and woke up to find the same deal, I like a bit of rain, but his was proper 'end of the world/day after tomorrow' stuff.

paul martin 7

Reaction score
I am usually on a water at midnight but because of the rain or rather high water I didnt bother. I live literally 15 feet from my local river which is now high and the colour of tea. I will be fishing a new river so I need to get to know the swims. I think I will use this weekend as a recci and wait till the levels fall and then hit it.

S

Sean Meeghan

I was going to steaal a quick session this morning, but having seen the Aire on my way home last night I didn't bother.

What a wimp!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Not been out myself either,warm and wet perfect for barbel its just not to be just yet.But I still have lake fever at the moment other species to try for first .

I

Ian Cloke

Had to help some old family friends move their stuff, because of flooding, so no chance of fishing the Rother for a while.

E

EC

Am feeling the same Gav, the rivers don't appeal to me in June for whatever reason.

Sean, I wouldn't say you were a wimp mate, as a few of the other lads pointed out elsewhere, it's not worth the risk.

Then there's the enjoyment factor, I like winter floods when the kak has been washed down already, but summer floods are a right pain.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Rivers are dangerous places to be in conditions such as we have now, far better to wait until they are fining down when most rivers usually fish better anyway.

I have just come back from walking my dog round our local lake where they are fishing a 24 hour carp match would you believe, it looks very inviting but the skies promise more heavy rain very shortly. This rain will have re-oxygenated the lakes so they should fish really well, just right for when I go on Tuesday or Wednesday if the rivers are still out of bounds.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I'm stuck inside through a combination of awful weather and no tackle left suitable for flood conditions.

I'd have liked a nice big barbel this weekend.

Speak of the devil, its just started chucking down again while I'm typing.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Not sure what it is either EC ,its not for no sentimental reasons though.Tincas and eels are on my mind but this weeks plans were scuppered .

W

Wolfman Woody

Last night was a beautiful night.

Started off a little grey-ish around 6pm, but by 8 all the clouds were disappearing and blue skies were opening up. By 10 there was more open sky than at anytime in the last week and I was watching a satelite at one stage. At midnight I was sat in my shirt sleeves, sipping on a beer and having a really good time with bite after bite after bite.

Warning: This posting has been edited by the warden of Rampton Mental Health Care Hospital and it may still contain information that cannot be entirely relied upon.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I was hoping to be on the Ribble today.

Couldn't though, 'cos I'm in India.

H

Huw (ACA)

Had all the gear ready for the off early in the a.m.. Woke to find a river outside my house, and a sever case of Ghandi's revenge in my stomach. Not efficatious conditions for sitting bt a river before te sun comes up far from home/public convienience. :~{
Still got two shifts off though,going to try again Monday.

Emmo (Angling Trust)

Reaction score
I hit a syndicate lake that obseves the close season, set up and in the water at 00:05 with a second rod out shortly after.

Shouldn't have bothered though although I did have some lovey coloured Rudd just not large, and two cracking Perch.

Very heavy downpours seemed to put the other fish off somewhat, no-one caught much.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
The forecast for Dorset was dire with very heavy downpours. Come lunchtime and no sign of the rain bar two five minute showers I went out this afternoon for a few hours and had a lovely mixed bag on a lake that shuts during the close season. It wasn't even too crowded. A 2lb crucian made my day - still puzzling over a 3-08 fish that appeared to be a crucian/goldfish cross.

S

Scott Whatmore

I got up at 5.30am getting ready for the off to my local canal, no point even thinking about the river.

It was pi55ing down, so I dithered about until the clouds cleared for a bit.

I made a dash to the tackle shop at 7.30 and onto the canal with my half pint of maggots. I got set up and ensconced under my brolly when the heavens opened once again. Good timing or just luck, who cares! Heavy showers every 5 mins didn't bother me now either.

I know the spot well and while not at its best it didn't let me down. 15-16 fish with a best roach of exactly 1lb.

My best opening day for a while.

Oh and Mr EA man came along just after the Queen's fly by to check my licence. Not the usual miserable sod either. This bloke was a nice chap and quite talkative too.

Woo hoo Roll on the rest of the season!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I was going out....but last nights torrent found the flat roof over the utility (wash!) room in rapid need of repair.....i was going eeling on a pit......just bloody finished roofing work!

Had a running comentary all day from my mate on the Severn......wind up merchant blanked after the Z's!