What is the current carp record?

G

Gary Barton

What is the current carp record?

I've just read on another web site that it's just been "smashed" at 61lb 2oz. This report does not have a date and there is no mention of it on this site or any other i can find.

The fish was caught at Conningbrook by Gary Bayes.

Is this old or new news?

K

Kevan Busby

Hi Gary, Gary Bayes did indeed catch one of Conningbrook's monsters at an amazing 61lb about a month ago, it was the same fish that set the British Record some months back when it fell to some artificial sweetcorn. Read all about it in 'Crafty Carper' or 'Carpworld'. I cannot be sure if Gary has claimed the British Record but it is heartening to know that the "British" carp are pushing through the 60lb barrier.

A

Andrew Webber

I must admit I've lost touch with the carp scene over the last few years. Is the sixty genuine or is it an import?

K

Kevan Busby

Andrew, I believe the Sixty to be a genuine British fish, although I cannot vouch for the length of time it has been in Conningbrook or where it originally came from. I will try and find out a little more info at the weekend then I will post a reply on Monday. Until then tight lines and make 'em have it.

C

Craig w

If it is the two tone mirror you are talking about in conningbrook i read in one of the carp magazines that they have stocking record of when the carp where first introduced.

C

Carp Angler

The carp is a genuine British fish, the record was broken while we were in France, so that was back in October.

R

Rob Brownfield

October?? Nash reported this fish on his website at the beginning of December as *hot news* Then, 4 days later he reported the UK's biggest common. There are some lovely pictures of both fish on his site under "Formula 1 news" and an account from Gary on how he caught it.

R

Rob Brownfield

This is the site if people want to see the pics
http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/index2.htm

Rik...sorry..that sounded like I was pulling u up on the date of the capture..sorry..not what I intended..I was just suprised it took so long for Nashy to boast about it :)

C

Carp Angler

Thinking about it, it may have been when Terry Globieki caught it in October and then Gary Bayes had it later in the year.

R

Rob Brownfield

Ahhh..still a cracking fish though. It would make a smashing livebait on the Ebro for cats!..lol

C

Carp Angler

No, I was right.
I've just had a quick search about and I've seen references to it on the 14th October at 61lb 2oz.
So it was probably caught on the 13th.

P

Philip Inzani

Hi guys, good to be back on the forum.

Two tone is a genuine British fish. I believe it was originally stocked from another lake in the area at a much lower weight. It was then caught at around 30 pounds a number of times before its weight started going through the roof. It hit 40 then I seem to remember Terry Hearn had it for the first time over 50. I for one never thought it would get to 60 but I guess its well documented sweet tooth put paid to that! ….61Ib 2oz that’s a huge fish anywhere!

W

Wendy Perry

hi philip long time no see good to have ya back .....

Wow thats a bloody big fish i better get my arm muscles ready i think for this year lol

S

Stewart Bloor

Hello Phil, thinking about you the other day and wondering where you had got to.

The last time I saw you alive was just as you were about to enter a cosy little French cabin shared by Barney Ribble and the Gay Emblem....

P

Philip Inzani

Hi Stewart/Wendy/all

....best speak no more of that "cosy" cabin...it holds memories! (-;

Seriously I have just had loads of stuff on, moving, job all over the place so I have not been able to access the web as much as before...still not easy but I will try and keep my toe dipped in so to speak.