Self timer photography

Stu69

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am looking for a digital camera that I can use to take self portraits of me and my fish (if I ever catch any!).
I have looked at the Canon power shot with the swivel round screen. I would like one with a similar screen that is remote control or at least a very easy to use self timer. What are you all using?

T

The Monk

dont bother with self timers mate, you cant gaurantee that the fish will be behaving when the timer goes off. For years I`ve used a self focusing camers on a tripod with a bulb release, I`ve used the jeoops bulbs in the past but they are a load of crap and split or dont work properly, I use a bulb from one of those blow up sun beds and kneel on it to fire the shots off, place the bulb under the unhooking mat so you cant see it in the shots and as you kneel on it, you can fire off as many shots as you need

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Me C5060 gone up the spout mate. It's ok but only works in 'my' settings and has a tendancy at times to auto flick through pics. Will keep it as dodgy back up i think.

Had a good look around and really do like the new S5.

B

Big Rik

Has it got a remote like ours?
Can't see that option, but haven't checked the Canon site.

W

No remote, BUT, has got a wicked programmable timer system. You can set it to take 1 5 10 15 and so on. Also ordered a bulb realise system from Jessops that has a strap that clips on the shutter, a system i used to use on my old SLRs for self takes, easy to operate with either knee or foot and gives you both hands free. Hit bulb and your away, easy peasy.

B

Big Rik

Yeah, a few on the Bay as well, under ?300 is a bloody good price for a decent 8mp Canon

T

The Monk

Also ordered a bulb realise system from Jessops that has a strap that clips on the shutter

I`ve had loads of problems with these Wol, bulbs too small, bulbs splitting when you kneel on them, hope they`ve improved them.

I take it you havent got a screw in piece on the shutter release button?

W

G6 is ok, used Garys and my c5060 ,but what i'm trying to say is the bulb is easier for self takes, hands free.

Going back to it Monk, still have old bulb, never a problem.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Yeah Wol....to be honest i remember the bulb being easy.....never had prob either....that swinging view finder is incredible tho...beats the old focus on a rod rest!

nick, did you use em to record your "in bivvy activitys" as well as out doors? ;)

T

The Monk

No Paul, we couldnt get all the cameramen, sound engineers, lights pods and ruffe slappers in my bivvy, I only had an Hutchy

W

Rod just told me your all bulbers.

New book out soon he tells me

"In search of Pool Ladder"

Some might get it........

kirky boy

Reaction score
my mates and i all use the canon g2 /g3 ,no problems at all. you can pick them up easily enough on e bay matey

Steve Holman

Reaction score
Canons are fine cameras. I can't afford/justify one for the very few big fish that I catch.

So, I bought a Kodak EasyShare. Swivel screen, excellent self-timer, really surprisingly good quality piccies for a, I believe, 4mp.Nice and small. Slipps into your pocket just fine

?55 refurbed on eBay. About ?170/180 in the shops