Fishing Magic Gallery?

T

Tony O'dell

As this website is taking a stronger hold with the nations fisihng enthusiasts on a daily basis..perhaps it would be possible to set up an online gallery on which catches of fishing magic members could be displayed...is the idea viable Graham?

W

William Spencer

get out there and get da boyz,get 'em on the site.big,small,bagfulls,personals.no matter what the species it will inspire us all to get out even more.

A

Ashe Hurst

how many of us have roles of film to yet be developed,full of fishy pics?
Me thinks a gallery would be great.

A

Alan Roe

This thread brings up two issues.
Firstly trophy shots seem at times to be an emotive issue and there have been a few people who have found themselves being hounded for their trophy shots particularly when the shot involves a keepnet full of carp or even worse barbel. Even single fish pictures are not immune to being savaged by the dogs of critism.

Angling is shot through with all manner of factions and one 'holier than thou' group gets a real head of steam up over this issue.

The result of this sort of behaviour leaves the once proud angler who had really enjoyed his day being made to feel like a pariah.

These pictures are best shared with a few close like minded friends.

The second issue is we have pictures of some of the contributors to this site and with the exception of Wendy we are generally not a pretty sight!
The thing that saves your monitors is that the pictures are very small.......
If they were any bigger you would would have to buy a stronger monitor!!;-)

T

Tony O'dell

Some good points there Alan...perhaps some general points on what sort of photo would be accepted would clear up any major issue's....We cannot please all of the people all of the time...single fish shots do not general bring about much critiscm from the majority of parties...unless it was like that shot of a pike being held in a disgraceful manor in this weeks copy of the Anglers Mail....perhaps over to Graham for the final word..he does run the site

D

Dave Johnson

good points Alan-as ever.
quick trophy shots are fine, in my opinion, but nets laid out -well, I know some of the mags do em to promote fisheries methods etc, but they do often offend.

I told a guy at work about a peg on the Dove that had produced for me....weeks later he turned up proud as punch with a pic involving 20+ barbel 5-9lbs sprawled out on the grass after an all nighter on the same peg-it made me feel sick, then angry. Hopefully he had seen the light after my remarks to him-but as you say, sometimes, a special capture is best kept to close friends.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
A FISHINGmagic Gallery of members trophy shots, catch shots, whatever you want to call them, is already in the pipeline but won't happen for a while as it takes some time to set up properly from a technical point of view.

Alan does make some good points, but as with the forum shots, and anything else on FM, it would be monitored to sift out the unsavoury, disreputable and offensive.

Which unfortunatately means a lot of my mates won't be making an appearance.

C

Cakey

Ashe
youre the only one with rolls of film in your camera,the other 6035 of us are digital.
seriously though ive seen some really good piccys on here so a monthly or yearly comp could be good.

C

Carp Angler

I think you'll find that the membership totals are a bit higher than that.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Registered membership numbers are just coming up to 7000.

C

Cakey

I got the number from the members tab up the top honest !!!!!
it showing 6046 tonight.