Review - Korum Tackle and Bait Bag

Martyn Parker

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to say....... Great Review......

I bought on recently along with the Rucksack, Rig & Tackle Manager boxes. Wonderful piece of equipment with more pockets, pouches and hidey holes than you can shake a stick at.

I will be purchasing other Korum products based on this experience.....

Great Kit
Great Design
Great Build
Great Prices

Thanks Korum

Reaction score
i wanted a new bag for my barbel stuff the other week i went to aldi and got 1 for arond 8 quid it has about four zip conpartments and a little box to keep youre little stuff in and the bottom zips off so you can put youre bait in there i know it probly isnt a good a quality as the korum one is but for the price it is a bargain

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
Nice review, Gary, but you forgot to mention that the Korum bag also has a zipped base compartment that will hold a medium sized Fox box or similar.

The small zipped section inside the lid can hold an ice pack (I suspect this is what it's actually intended for) to keep the contents of the insulated section cool on a hot day.

The bait boxes are are a bit of a pain as the lids are flimsy and difficult to close securely, but all in all that's a small "minus" point.

G

Gary Knowles

Dont worry Dave, just take more care next time ;o)

Thing is with a product like this everyone will use it slighlty differently. Yeah - I reckon your right, the zipped top is probably to take an ice pack and keep the main section cool but I find it perfect for my permits and pva bags (flat stuff).

And the zipped base will take a large tackle box but I prefer to have all my bits in the small boxes on the side pocket (easy access) so I use this bottom section for slings, sacks, scales, etc. although you could also use it for light waterproofs.

S

Shrek

And, what's more, it looks virtually identical to the one that was on sale in Aldi the other week for ?6.99!!!

Anyone got an "korum" badges they don't need................................!!

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

I like this bag but not much room for my three flasks and butty box.

Reaction score
nice point adrian and is it not the case that if aldi can do one for 7 quid korum are just putting a 500 % mark up fee to have a badge on it ? i know loads of other companys do but say you bought 5 off theese bag you could have one for almost every type of fishing you do or in roberts case one for his flasks and 4 spare
i know there is no Insulated main compartment in the aldi one

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

The Aldi bag is extremely good value, no doubt about that, but there is a vast difference in design, accessories and quality between it and the Korum bag. Whether that difference amounts to ?28.00 only you can decide, but have a good look at both before coming to hasty conclusions.

G

Gary Knowles

See how many extras's you get with the Korum product, the 6 or 8 quality magnetic and sealable tackle boxes, check the quality of material and stiching, padding on straps and handles, hard case base, insulated inner and more importantly see how long it lasts!

I know what I think represents value for money...

G

Gary Knowles

Maybe, but if you got it from Aldi it wont be in front of you for long ;o)

G

Gary Knowles

I dont think that is the question actually. If you take away longevity issue the design, extras and hence the ease of use puts these two products a world apart.

But seeing as you mentioned longevity...then yeah, I'd put money on it outlasting the aldi one 5 times over. I've only had the tackle bag for 1 winter but I've absolutely battered the rucksack for three years (including 2 week long sea fishing trips) and its still going strong. not a tear or damaged zip in sight...

Jon Burgess

Reaction score
I've found the bag really practical and effective - shame is that after 18 months of use the zip seam for the main bag has split - and I've a feeling it's going to get progressively worse unless I can persuade "you know who" to put her sewing skills to work !!

N

Neil Blood

IMHO the best roving bag that Korum (or anyone else) produces, is the basic Korum 'Bait and bits bag' (standard size). Use it for all my winter chubbing and summer barbel roving. Practical, cheap (?12.99) and easy to clean.

Turning some good stuff out off late is Korum. I'm also very impressed with the Tackle Manager Box.

Neil

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

I've seen plenty of Korum products on river bank this season...looks well made and practical.

Reaction score
this season robert its only ben open a few days plese note i am not anti korum neither do i shop at aldi its just the mark up i bought a pro logic bag a few weeks ago for ?15.00 that does the job ?

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Brendan,
I will still use my small Army Surplas rucksac and plastic bait bucket... "Cheap and chearfull".

Reaction score
Just bought basically the full range of Korum luggage (ITM rucksack, large bait & bits bag, method bowl bag, double rod rigid holdall & deluxe accessory chair) this week and must admit it is better made than some of the more expensive 'UK made' brands out there. The last luggage I bought lasted 2 trips before starting to fall to pieces and this was over ?260 for a rucksack & rod sling & sleeves. The manufacturer wasn't interested at all in even listening to my problems with the luggage & the shop I bought it from had closed down (typical!!!!) - so was stuck with it.
The complete set of Korum gear (including the chair!!) that I bought weighs less than the rucksack I had does on it's own!!!! Korum are onto a good one here with this luggage I have to admit.