Trout line or pole made no difference
Bate up and the fight was on.

Sometimes I would strike a fire
To help keep warm in the night.
Spring, summer, fall, I was eager to go
Wherever the big ones bite.

RIVER FISHING

After school my friend and I would walk through town to the river
Soon to bait our trout lines with cotton cake, crawdads and liver.
Sometimes we used baby bullheads, perch or great big frogs
Tossing out into the current next to a snag of logs.

At times we would disrobe and wade out in the stream
Attaching lines to anything hoping to hook our dream.
One day I made some doe bait and stuffed it in my sock
Attached five hooks, hundred pound line and tied it to a rock.

When I bragged to my classmates they snickered and called me fool
Till the next day they followed me to the river after school.
I made my way to the water my path was a fallen tree
Something big was on my line it was easy for us to see.

I tried to pull it in but the current was too strong
Three boys ran to assist me as we began to sing a song.
Going fishing instead of wishing for the granddaddy of them all
If we land this monster will give the sport shows a call.

It seemed like forever before our beast was ashore
Eighty-five pounds of flathead cat as big as a closet door.
We shared his steaks at a fish fry, food for heart and soul
Took his head and nailed it high for all to see on a pole.

For a time we ceased our casting instead we chased the girls
After marriage with our kids we again fished the swirls.
Too many of my friends have past and the years have raced by
Though here I sit with rod in hand a fisherman till I die.

SATAN?S HORDE

Overrun with war and uncontrolled leaders,
Our world becomes more dangerous each day.
dishonest politicians, criminals and the media
Survive by their falsehoods at play.

Bible believers preach, that the end is near
Our world as a whole is beyond reform.
God will eradicate all which is wicked
By his fire of eruption and storm.

To evil?s victory, I will never concede
May its supporters anguish in hell.
By the grace of God and the power of faith
The goodness of man will prevail.

What we accomplish is heaven?s measure
As patriots respond to the threats of man.
Protect and defend what we love till death
As the soldiers of Satan arise from the sand.

By Tom Zart

All poems by
Tom Zart
Most Published
Poet On The Web

C

Cakey

sorry youve got it wrong .......I need love ..then I need more love.....then may be a bit more love then if theres none left....I go fishing

T

The Monk

I go fishing and make love, sometime I make love and go fishing, other times I go fishing when me bitch has got an headache, and I also love to go fishing

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"Screw me" said the Duchess
And the Duke (knowing her mode of speech)
Slipped her on
Like a well-worn sea boot

poem by
Ed
Least Published
Poet On The Web

T

The Monk

Least Published
Poet On The Web

I`m not surprised

Heres one mate

The moon shone on the village green

It also shone on Nell

was she picking buttercups?

was she Hell

Only got this far yet but cant thing of anything to rhym after she?

poem by
The Monk

Still working on it!

T

The Monk

there was a young woman from Ealing

who had a peculiar feeling

she went round the back

and opened her cxrack

and somebody threw a cow heel in!

The grass was green

the sky was blue

and down the hill

the shitcart flew

it hit a brick

a scream was heard

a man was hit

with a flying turd

E

"Screw me" said the Duchess
And the Duke (knowing her mode of speech)
Grabbed her by the fleshy part of her arse
And slipped her on
Like a well-worn sea boot

poem by
Ed
Least Published
Poet On The Web

Tom Zart Tom Zart

Reaction score
Tom Zart's Nature And Animal Poems

BIRDS

The keeping of birds is part of history,
How far back no one can know.
Once luxury pets of kings and queens,
Or on the shoulders of pirates long ago.

Birds have remained on man's menu,
Though all can be tamed as a pet.
Chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys
Are served on the tables we set.

Noah sent a dove to find dry land,
And it returned with an olive leaf from a branch.
God gave birds feathers for clothes,
So in the elements they would have a chance.

The best way to enjoy wild birds,
Is to attract them close to you.
Providing feed, water, bushes and trees,
Is all a bird lover needs to do.

Birds are really quite remarkable,
When left alone to do their thing.
We have robbed their eggs and plucked their plumage,
And yet they continue to sing.

TREES

It's hard to imagine our world without trees,
Shadowed only by concrete and steel.
Thousands of products would soon disappear,
Changing everything we see and feel.

No more baseball played with wooden bats,
No more plums, pears, cherries or apple pie.
No more campfires to circle at night,
And to pencils and books say goodbye.

Trees like people come from seed,
Both drink breathe and consume.
They feed, house, and protect us,
As they sweeten the air with their bloom.

Larger and older than any living thing,
Far bigger then the ocean's blue whale.
Some grow 350 feet tall,
Before falling victim to the nail.

BUTTERFLIES

Butterflies pass through four stages of life,
During the last, they are able to fly.
Eggs then larva, change to caterpillars,
Transforming to flying rainbows of the sky.

Blue, black green, yellow, brown, red, white and orange,
Armed with a keen since of smell, taste and sight.
With predators like birds, bats, wasps and man,
They are never safe even in the night.

Butterflies are the artwork of nature
Chased by collectors with their net and jar.
Labeled and pinned for their storage and display,
As new specimens are sought near and far.

The next time you see some kept behind glass,
Remember, they once glorified the air.
Their colors and grace generate beauty,
As in harmony, their radiance they share.

HUMMING BIRD

The scent of roses, carnations and daises,
Draw to our gardens the humming bird so fair.
Evoking the essence of nature's living jewels
As the splendor of their plumage rides the air.

So graceful they fly with speed and direction,
Products of creation that dazzle the eye.
A luminous vision of worldly wonder,
Our most elusive visitor from the sky.

They're the smallest of the small on feathered wing,
Collecting with their tongues the sweetness of earth.
Enhancing our lives by their mere existence,
A temple of beauty, endurance, and worth.

All Poems By
Tom Zart

TOM ZART?S 300 POEMS

You can hear all of Tom Zart?s 300 poems of love, war, faith and more 24-7 on web radio at=

http://internetvoicesradio.com/Arch-TomZart.htm

Tom Zart ARCHIVES:
FREE TO DOWNLOAD

E

"FREE TO DOWNLOAD"

I doubt if anyone would want to pay !!

E

I think he's got a cheek coming on and plugging his website ---It's common courtesy to ask if it's ok first .........

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Does posting your own work on a forum count as being 'published' or does the site owner have to choose to display your work for it to qualify as 'published'?

Just wondered if you are 'the most published poet on the net' or actually just the most persistent?

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

T

The Monk

off the top of me head

Publishing is the industry concerned with the production and dissemination of literature or information ? the activity of making information available for public view. In some cases, authors may be their own publishers.

Traditionally, the term refers to the distribution of printed works such as books and newspapers. With the advent of digital information systems and the Internet, the scope of publishing has expanded to include electronic resources, such as the electronic versions of books and periodicals, as well as websites, blogs, and the like.

Publishing includes the stages of the development, acquisition, marketing, production ? printing (and its electronic equivalents), and distribution of newspapers, magazines, books, literary works, musical works, software and other works dealing with information, including the electronic media.

T

The Monk

Publication is also important as a legal concept: (1) as the process of giving formal notice to the world of a significant intention, for example, to marry or enter bankruptcy; (2) as the essential precondition of being able to claim defamation; that is, the alleged libel must have been published, and (3) for copyright purposes, where there is a difference in the protection of published and unpublished works.

A printing press in Kabul, Afghanistan.The process of publishingSubmission by author or agent
Book and magazine publishers spend a significant proportion of their time buying or commissioning copy. At a small press, it is possible to survive by relying entirely on commissioned material. But as activity increases, the need for works may outstrip the publisher's established circle of writers.

Writers often first submit a query letter or proposal. The majority of unsolicited submissions come from previously unpublished authors. When such manuscripts are unsolicited, they must go through the slush pile, in which acquisitions editors sift through to identify manuscripts of sufficient quality or revenue potential to be referred to the editorial staff. Established authors are often represented by a literary agent to market their work to publishers and negotiate contracts.
Acceptance and negotiation
Once a work is accepted, commissioning editors negotiate the purchase of intellectual property rights and agree on royalty rates.

The authors of traditional printed materials sell exclusive territorial intellectual property rights that match the list of countries in which distribution is proposed (i.e. the rights match the legal systems under which copyright protections can be enforced). In the case of books, the publisher and writer must also agree on the intended formats of publication -? mass-market paperback, "trade" paperback and hardback are the most common options.

The situation is slightly more complex if electronic formatting is to be used. Where distribution is to be by CD-R or other physical media, there is no reason to treat this form differently from a paper format, and a national copyright is an acceptable approach. But the possibility of Internet download without the ability to restrict physical distribution within national boundaries presents legal problems that are usually solved by selling language or translation rights rather than national rights. Thus, Internet access across the European Union is relatively open because of the laws forbidding discrimination based on nationality, but the fact of publication in, say, France, limits the target market to those who read French.

Having agreed on the scope of the publication and the formats, the parties in a book agreement must then agree royalty rates, the percentage of the gross retail price that will be paid to the author. This is difficult because the publisher must estimate the potential sales in each market and balance projected revenue against production costs.
Editorial stage

E

Is everyone who posts on this forum published ?

T

The Monk

Once the immediate commercial decisions are taken and the technical legal issues resolved, the author may be asked to improve the quality of the work through rewriting or smaller changes, and the staff will edit the work. Almost all publishers maintain a house style, and staff will copy edit to ensure that the work matches the style and grammatical requirements of each market. Editing may also involve structural changes and requests for more information. Some publishers employ fact-checkers.
Prepress
When a final text is agreed upon, the next phase is design. This may include artwork being commissioned or confirmation of layout. In publishing, the word "art" also indicates photographs. This process prepares the work for printing through processes such as typesetting, dust jacket composition, specification of paper quality, binding method and casing, and proofreading.

The activities of typesetting, page layout, the production of negatives, plates from the negatives and, for hardbacks, the preparation of brasses for the spine legend and imprint are now all computerized. Prepress computerization evolved mainly in about the last twenty years of the 20th century. If the work is to be distributed electronically, the final files are saved as formats appropriate to the target operating systems of the hardware used for reading. These may include PDF files. Publishing as a business
A bookstore.

The publisher usually controls the advertising and other marketing tasks, but may subcontract various aspects of the process described above. In smaller companies, editing, proofreading and layout might be done by freelancers.

Dedicated in-house salespeople are rapidly being replaced by specialized companies who handle sales to bookshops, wholesalers and chain stores for a fee. This trend is accelerating as retail book chains and supermarkets have centralized their buying.

If the entire process up to the stage of printing is handled by an outside company or individuals, and then sold to the publishing company, it is known as book packaging. This is a common strategy between smaller publishers in different territorial markets where the company that first buys the intellectual property rights then sells a package to other publishers and gains an immediate return on capital invested. Indeed, the first publisher will often print sufficient copies for all markets and thereby get the maximum quantity efficiency on the print run for all.

Some businesses maximize their profit margins through vertical integration; book publishing is not one of them. Although newspaper and magazine companies still often own printing presses and binderies, book publishers rarely do. Similarly, the trade usually sells the finished products through a distributor who stores and distributes the publisher's wares for a percentage fee or sells on a sale or return basis.

The advent of the Internet has therefore posed an interesting question that challenges publishers, distributors and retailers. In 2005, Amazon.com announced its purchase of Booksurge, a major print on demand operation. This is probably intended as a preliminary move towards establishing an Amazon imprint. One of the largest bookseller chains, Barnes & Noble, already runs its own successful imprint with both new titles and classics -? hardback editions of out-of-print former best sellers. Similarly, Ingram Industries, parent company of Ingram Book Group (a leading US book wholesaler), now includes its own print-on-demand division called Lightning Source. Among publishers, Simon & Schuster recently announced that it will start selling its backlist titles directly to consumers through its website.