Zen Master...

soffit

Reaction score
Anyone any idea what has happened to these reels? Presumably the first batch has sold out as I can't find one for sale...

soffit

Reaction score
Sam. Thanks. He did say that more than half his output went abroad. No email/website.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Don't do it !

:) I will probably try the Bewick too but both seem unavailaible S/H a the mo..

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sam. Thanks. He did say that more than half his output went abroad. No email/website.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

:) I will probably try the Bewick too but both seem unavailaible S/H a the mo..

Check this out...

[ame=http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/150334149857?clk_rvr_id=306136315725]GREYS BEWICK CENTRE PIN REEL on eBay![/ame]

troutfisher

Reaction score
However you will find both the original or the zen copy a bit of a handful in anything other than ideal conditions save your money and get a decent standard design centerpin which will be of more use to you

soffit

Reaction score
if you like the design of the zen master (skeletal) then get a bid in on this

centre pin reel | eBay

much better reel

better still buy this dam (the origanal skeletel design) rather than a zen master copycat
D.A.M. TROTTING REEL | eBay

The KP is a sea fishing reel made in South Africa. Judging by some of the fish it poses with and given its design it must weight a ton! Nice eccentric bit of kit though! Costs £28 new [plus post from southern hemisphere:)]

The DAM's go for silly money but i'm watching just in case.

Cheers. Keep them coming folks.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

However you will find both the original or the zen copy a bit of a handful in anything other than ideal conditions save your money and get a decent standard design centerpin which will be of more use to you

I've got a Cortesi so sensible is covered. I just find the idea of a super-light reel to go with my super-light rod for about £30 irresistible:D

elliottwaters

Reaction score
Unless you are a collector rather than a serious user do not bother with ‘pins that lack a backplane. Out of curiosity I took a punt on a Zen master around 18 months ago. The line constantly wrapped around the handle and in anything other than a totally windless day it was nightmare.

If you want an introduction to the delights of using a pin and are on a budget look around for a Marco Cortesi or a Shakespeare Lincoln.

soffit

Reaction score
Unless you are a collector rather than a serious user do not bother with ‘pins that lack a backplane. Out of curiosity I took a punt on a Zen master around 18 months ago. The line constantly wrapped around the handle and in anything other than a totally windless day it was nightmare.

If you want an introduction to the delights of using a pin and are on a budget look around for a Marco Cortesi or a Shakespeare Lincoln.

Got a new one on the way for £15 . Already have a Cortesi. With the right conditions I'm hoping it will be great fun.

dnahacker

Reaction score
if lightweight is your thing then the youngs bob james super lightweight is worthy of some attention, i love mine to bits