The Maniform Ergonomic Fly Rod Grip

davestocker

Reaction score
Around ten years ago my fishing pal, John Newton, and I had a go at re-designing the fly rod handle along ergonomic principles. The ?Maniform? handle that we developed differed from ?normal? fly rod handles in not being round in cross section. The overall effect was to change the way the hand gripped the rod, with more of the grip being achieved by the back three fingers of the casting hand, rather than the thumb and forefinger.

Although we came close, no UK manufacturer was brave enough to launch a range of rods fitted with the grip ?as standard?, although numbers were sold steadily to custom rod builders in the USA, in particular.

When we developed the handle, the internet was relatively young, and broadband was non-existent. But times have changed and I?ve decided to employ some cheapskate online research to establish what, if any, product awareness may still be out there, and maybe garner some testimonials, if anyone?s been happily hauling out fish with one.

If you aren?t aware of it and are curious, you might want to look at our new web pages, and the claims we made on its behalf at

http://www.siestacorktiles.co.uk/maniform2.htm