future cost of fishing

john hooper

Reaction score
news in Angling Advertorial today Rob Hales is to open his acton burrell fishery to allcomers, your all heart Rob or is that soon to be all wallet as the cost is ?350 a week, after all you could catch a fifty there.So carp anglers Rob is leading the way are you willing to pay?, remember every fishery owner in the country is watching to see if you bite, will it cost ?30 a day to catch their 30's etc etc.And what about the fish in your local club waters(cost ?25 a year!), is there a good 30 in there?, for how long when you can be charged this sort of money(on one of my local waters(free) the carp men talk of ?2000 on offer for the lakes biggest fish(mid 30's). Perhaps your club water has a good reputation for big carp, is the lease due?, you can say goodby to it if this sort of money is to be made. Is the ordanary working man going to be priced out of angling as he has football,discuss.

john hooper

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Nothing against Rob or his fishery or others like it,but there is a but, I know what you mean John about the hype as though he is doing the angling world a favour by opening his lakes up for us mere mortals to fish ,cobblers and what grinds with me its as though he is saying I don't have to do this you know him and his mucker forever singing its praises .Let me on for a fiver a day and I might feel as though your doing it for anglers, so give it a rest your doing it for your pockets.

F

Frothey

not like he needs the money is it?

but then compare what we spend to a golf club's fee's. yeah i know. course maintainance, etc but we still have it (relatively) cheap.

stikflote

Reaction score
the most i pay is a fiver ,anymore then i dont go there,and if thats the way things are going then i,ll stay on the rivers or canal and if they go up in price ,well i can see a lot of us give it up ,we are not all made of money, Rob Hales got no chance of my money

Colin W

Reaction score
you lot must be mugs if you pay silly money like that we can catch carp for around ?35-40 a year and you could go every day of the year. those greedy fishery managers should be strung up.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I have to admit I'd pack it in if I had to pay 12 quid every time I wanted to go.

Clubs are Billiant.

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
Costs me ?8.00 a day to take a each guest on Reading waters and when I visit Christchurch club waters it costs my mate more than that. I think it is a bit steep personally.

G

Ged

Elitetism.
Carp fishing going down the lines of salmon fishing? Still not gauranteed to catch no matter how much you pay.
?30 to catch 30 lb carp! Could be ?30 to catch nowt.