1st martin bowler now bfw!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Every poster is negative about it, what more do you want?
And lets face it, that's just those that could be bothered to respond.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
not asking anything chris...

just the fact that bfw have taken the direction over the last 12 months to distance themselves from the only group of anglers that are actively doing anything to try to understand the problems barbel stocks throughout the uk are facing... they the group...not mentioning any names are.... and in very small ways, through there own pockets, they are trying to help....

sour grapes..well, that started many years before me..... I just look at the facts of now, not had to chew on any ones halibut pellets to draw my opions.

no magazine deals for more...just one **** in the grave me thinks!

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Is it really indicative of the direction BFW is taking though? Even the tone of Andy F's post wasn't 100% postive. Or am I missing the point and this is a Barbel Society thing? If so, I'm off.:wh;)

jasonbean1

Reaction score
nope...you know andy will say and does not reply...

not bs, not anything,...but putting something more than that...keep them posting... barbel equals otters...equals posts on site equals more sales of drennan tackle........

**** forgort!

his own pole told him thats where he's been ging tits up

never bought into pallatrax.....made me feel i'm more disbled than i'm already am!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Venator: "Now where is that blasted Plot - you know, Piscator, the Barbel & Carp New Arrival Piscs v. The Otter One...?"

Piscator: "They lost it some time ago, Ven'. Coming down the tavern to check out the milkmaids?"

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
nope...you know andy will say and does not reply...

not bs, not anything,...but putting something more than that...keep them posting... barbel equals otters...equals posts on site equals more sales of drennan tackle........

**** forgort!

his own pole told him thats where he's been ging tits up

never bought into pallatrax.....made me feel i'm more disbled than i'm already am!

Well, it has been a little quiet on there of late.
If it's about drumming up business, it's wasted on me. I've probably looked at the shop side of things once in the whole time I've been on BFW (and its yuku predecessor).

jasonbean1

Reaction score
this post is about for me..not having a go at anyone but how the likes of andy f can let himself allow his site be influenced by a sound bite martin bowler tv adress...even worste eeepitition... anyone can make what they want of it but it as whole it does nothing for any fish or anglers, at the very best makes it even worste ithe long term

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Me, too, Jason, for as you know I was a strong supporter of - even a glimmer of a leading light on - that site, but when it got itself invaded by a very militant, very rude grouping that went balls-out at me both in public on the forum and by private message, I thought "Hmm. Clearly a stitch up and silence job going on here...". Their - not Andy's - big mistake.

cg74

Reaction score
Jason, Martin Bowler wasn't so naive (or stupid) to call for an otter cull and clearly by the fact that Andy Francis has no idea what brand/type of tackle barbel anglers prefer shows he doesn't read, or at least digest what is written on his site.

I was rather hoping Paul Boote might of given AF a good cyber kick in the nuts to open his eyes.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The fact that I quietly walked away without putting any personal boot in was enough - I tend to have that effect on sites, people and all sorts of stuff...

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You might not have, but others have, I can tell you - hence the squadrons of poo-bombers that have followed me around for the past couple of decades, with the internet merely being their weapon of choice for the past decade, for reasons of no-comeback ease and presumed anonymity. Never met any of them, but when you get yourself a feeling-threatened "fanclub"...

cg74

Reaction score
Now Paul, this is not meant as a dig at you but its not what you've written over the years, it's how you've written things that causes you so much grief.
It has to be said that you write with a unique brand of condescension and strangely enough, folk don't like that! I'll be honest on many issues your thoughts mirror mine. And though I'm blunt at times (often), also very matter-of-fact (which upsets some) but you're blatantly belittling... and well you know!

Tart it up how you want; thought provoking, debating etc
But IMO expect a bit of backlash... You can accuse me of whatever you wish but I'm happy in the knowledge, I've never said anything worse to you, than you have to me.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really couldn't care a monkey's about your take on me and my writing, Colin Gordon, but am pleased that it has stirred a lot of spinners and truth-manglers into action, defending the indefensible and hanging themselves hysterically whilst doing so.

cg74

Reaction score
I really couldn't care a monkey's about your take on me and my writing, Colin Gordon, but am pleased that it has stirred a lot of spinners and truth-manglers into action, defending the indefensible and hanging themselves hysterically whilst doing so.

And there you go, pmsl...

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
came in a bit late on this one, but some of you know my stance on the otter debate!
Anyone that thinks this petition is ok wants stringing up by the toe ends over a croc infested lagoon!!

Mark

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself, without the usual outcry though, if I had the brain to say it first!! ;);)

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

That too!!:wh

chrisfromthevalley

Reaction score
The fact that I quietly walked away without putting any personal boot in was enough - I tend to have that effect on sites, people and all sorts of stuff...

doesn't stop you coming back for the odd post
young paul loves it, he does.:D