gxudas

henryk

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been fishing for a couple of years now and I'm looking at joining a club. I live in slough and I've fished a fair bit on the Slough arm of the GUC and GXUDAS is really the only club I've heard of in this area. Basically what I'd like to find out is: is anyone on here one of their members and if so what are their other waters like? Also if any of you live round here then do you know any other clubs in the area? Thanks a lot in advance. Henryk

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
They have a water in Denham, i think it is called Denham Lake, it is more money on top of the joining fee to be able to fish it over night, but you can drive to a lot of the swims and it has Carp to 40+, Bream into doubles, unknown Eel potential but it has given up a 7 that i know of and it has done a huge Tench a few years ago.

That stretch of the canal has Carp to well over 30 and it has in the passed produced a 40+ but i understand that the fish somehow managed to move overland and is now a resident in a gravel pit further north in the county.

They also have a water right on the M25, a bit noisy but if you are looking to catch a big Tench this is the place.

Hope this helps.

henryk

Reaction score
hey thanks murray and ray. murray i've been on their website before. do you fish on Broadwater it sounds like an immense place. the slough arm of GUC is amazing imho for such a small water its stocks are so varied and it contains some speci's to. also do you fish their rivers: what type of fishing do they have.

henryk

Reaction score
hey thanks murray and ray. murray i've been on their website before. do you fish on Broadwater it sounds like an immense place. the slough arm of GUC is amazing imho for such a small water its stocks are so varied and it contains some speci's to. also do you fish their rivers: what type of fishing do they have.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Broadwater is good if you need an early night, cos the buzzers are normally silent. Its not that the fish are special or anything its just that they can be a long way off from where you are fishing. Its a great place to have a BBQ and a box of wine though whilst you are waiting and blanking...

henryk

Reaction score
lol thanks a lot. i'll prob be contacting the secretary soon (DAN?). cheers henryk

henryk

Reaction score
Tanks 1664 missed you last night. I've just had a quick look on their website. The site doesn't give much info on the size of the waters. Do you know their sizes roughly in acres? Also looking through the site i found they have junior matches. Murray do GXUDAS have similiar. Cheers all. Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
Henryk - Reading is a good club if you can get in as an associate member. The Rivers Lodden, Kennet and Thames are great rivers to fish, especially the Benyons section of the Kennet - Loads of lakes as well. ?55.00 quid a year. If you are interested I'll PM you the club sec's tel. No.

henryk

Reaction score
hey thanks. i think i'm going try and compile a list of as many clubs as possible and then go through the pro's and cons.

henryk

Reaction score
Hey thanks Scott. Blenhaim and Interype have some interesting waters and are def on the list. Shame that I'm more than 15 miles from watford: that also looked like and interesting club. Thanks all

W

Wolfman Woody

There's Bath Road, on your doorstep. They're NOT a member of TVAA if you were thinking of rivers at all.

Intertype and Blenheim are members of TVAA as are Windsor and some other smaller clubs.

TVAA has access to five stretches of river, 3 Thames, a feeder to the Thames and the Jubilee at Marsh Lane, Taplow.

henryk

Reaction score
thanks Woody. I noticed your name on the intertype website? Could you tell me roughly how large their waters are?