Angling Star...

B

Birds Nest

When is the Angling star due out ? I subscribed B4 Christmas and really enjoyed my 1st copy....

S

Stewart Bloor

Ron must be slipping, he normally gives us a run down of each copy, page by page...

You know, that Ron's never been the same since he went metric...

BN, do you mean the January copy? That's already out, has been for some time.

B

Birds Nest

hmmm... Perhaps thats the one I got ? Is that the copy where you wrote about that fella who was pretending to work for one of the big tackle companies ? But actually made it up Stewart ?

S

Stewart Bloor

BN, yes, that's the one. The next one is the February edition.

I get a copy through the post during the last few days of the preceding month, so it will be a week or so yet before they are sent out.

B

Birds Nest

Good Stuff, thought I was missing out there !!! Thanks Stewart..

R

Ron Clay

The Angling Star gennerally comes out about the last Thursday of the month. The subscribers get their copies a few days earlier. The next copy should be late this week or early next week.

Sorry I forgot to post my usual preview but I have been ill with flu foe several days around Christmas and New year. I always have health problems around Christmas.

The last issue was the Graham Marsden Gazette by the way. This hogging of the centre pages is getting to be a habit.

lol

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Jim has got fed up of phoning me for an article and given me a standard order for a contribution every month as well Ron. So he must like the golden oldies.

Probably because he's getting that way himself.

S

Stewart Bloor

Ron, don't worry about Graham being where he is...it's when they put him on page 3 we've got problems....

As for a 6 pack, Graham thought that was a bulk purchase of Sufix Synergy line.....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'd much rather be a centre-fold. That's when you know you've made it when you get the staple through your tender bits.

S

Stewart Bloor

''That's when you know you've made it when you get the staple through your tender bits.''

Graham, that's no way to talk about your wallet.....

S

Stewart Bloor

By the way, your new Forum photo has you in dark glasses and trying to hide behind the fish that you borrowed for the shot.

Is that so that people don't recognise you when it's your turn to buy a round?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The dark glasses were due to all the fun I had the night before when someone else was buying the drinks.

R

Ron Clay

Oh by the way Sedge, I went metric in 1967. Anyone who reckons I'm an old fart living in the past must consider this fact.

Not only that but the metric system was invented in the late 18th century by a Frenchman!!