Boilie Mesh

Daveg

Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me on thi sone?

I understand that you can use Boilie Mesh to help combat Poison Chat, can anyone give me a full run down on this method.

Is it called Boilie Mesh? if so how much it it form the tackle shops etc?

Can you use any alternative material , pair of the mrs tights for example?

Cheers.

F

Frothey

its net curtain material - most stocking stuff isnt strong enough - rips too easily.

my lesquis part 1 thing has got a clip of how to do it.

Daveg

Reaction score
Cheers Frothey,

" My lesquis part 1 thing " ?

Sorry! whats that then ?

Daveg.

Daveg

Reaction score
Cheers geezers.

Ive got funny for you guys if your interested.

I heard from someone, that you can us curtain netting as a substitute for the real thing.

Picture the scene, i hunted through my garage and shed as you do , going through all my bits and bobs draws and cubby holes trying to find a bit of old netting, could I find any , na.

So I sneaked into my kitchen grabbed hold of a pair of the wifes kitchen scissors, you know the ones they use for cooking! crept into our dinning room and youve guessed it I proceeded to cut an edge of curtain netting off of our patio door.

I normally cut very straight , but I lost my way a bit when the misses was behind me, screaming " what the hellare you doing".

I tried to explain that the net needed trimming , but she was having none of it.

She hit the roof. I started laughing and she eventually saw teh funny side of it , I gave her the excuse that we were so hard up at the mo, and that I was trying to save a bit of money.

Just goes to show how wrong I was that she was so house proud and all that.

Well I tried the curtain mesh , and guess what it was rubbish.

What a waste of time, and I didn't even need to upset the misses either.

No doubt it will cost a fortune to purchase the right stuff.

But we will see.

Thanks for the help though lads.

Daveg.

F

Frothey

No doubt it will cost a fortune to purchase the right stuff.

yeah, your right. i'll sell you some - 1m square for a tenner. its even got a pic of a carp on it.....

Reaction score
Solar sell some extra wide shrink tubing so you can put round your biolie, shrink it and it's meant to protect it. They also sell bait cages, which are a plastic sphere to clip round a biolie.

Never used any of them, so no idea if they work.

Rather than meshing, have you tried nutrabbits granite mix? Make your hookbaits from this stuff and, as the name suggests, they come hard as rock.

Daveg

Reaction score
Cheers Geezers.

Catch you all soon.

Thanks for your help and advice

F

Frothey

they stopped doing the cages a while back.

i know a few that used the shrink tube, they've all gone back to mesh.

Wooly

Reaction score
I use plastic mosquito netting. Just make sure it has not been treated with repellant - it's poisonous to fish.
My article on Etang De Vaumigny on this site explains how to do it. It is simple and very effective.