Greetings one and all...

tinca1137

Reaction score
Hi there. My name is Rob and I'm from Norwich, Norfolk. I am employed by the Environment Agency as a Fishery Enforcement Officer. I've only been in post since November last year. My job involves the obvious rod licence checks but the agency is now focussing on illegal removal and thefts of fish. I have a huge area to cover ie East Anglia and need to utilise the anglers who are out there to let us know what is happening and where. I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks to you all! Rob...

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Rob. Generally have a fishing holiday over your way once a year, usually based in Aylsham or North Walsham - certainly plenty of good waters in Norfolk.
Jerry

nick dv

Reaction score
Hi Rob, welcome to the forum. In your position, I am sure you'll be receiving lot of questions ;)

Cheers, NIck :)

maceo

Reaction score
Welcome Tinca.

Does your employment allow you to post 'horror stories' of the "you won't believe what happened when I was checking rod licences down the bank today..." type?

Or is that sort of thing prohibited because of confidentiality etc?

I'm sure no angler fishing in that area will mind letting you know of any concerns regardless, but it would be GREAT if we got some juicy stories in return!

tinca1137

Reaction score
I'll take that as a no then........

Sorry, been away again! I'm not sure anyone would find my stories of any interest!!:rolleyes:

To be fair, I've only been in post a short time but the thing that really gets me is just how many people are fishing without a licence. Its never been easier to get one...........

freebird7

Reaction score
Hi there. My name is Rob and I'm from Norwich, Norfolk. I am employed by the Environment Agency as a Fishery Enforcement Officer. I've only been in post since November last year. My job involves the obvious rod licence checks but the agency is now focussing on illegal removal and thefts of fish. I have a huge area to cover ie East Anglia and need to utilise the anglers who are out there to let us know what is happening and where. I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks to you all! Rob...

I thought you people were make believe! in 20 years of fishing I have never had my licence checked once! that said I've never forgotten it either im sure that will be the day, sods law and all.

maceo

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone would find my stories of any interest!

Well I would for one. Why not give it a try?

What are people's reactions when you ask them for a licence and they haven't got one?

What excuses do they make?

Do they try to claim they didn't know that had to have one? Or do they generally acknowledge that they've been caught red handed and accept they've done wrong?

I know EA inspectors have stab vests etc, but have you ever encountered threats of violence when checking licences?

No doubt you've seen forum posts on the subject of licences along the lines of "I've been fishing twice a week for 40 years and never had my licence checked". How do you decide which waters to target for licence evaders?