Trudex & Rapidex...

soffit

Reaction score
I wonder how many were made? Ebay is awash with them. Trudex average £50-£60:eek: Surely this is some sort of mass hynosis; peeps paying that sort of money for an old[vintage] reel that is as 'Common as muck' ?

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
There may be a lot of them, but good ones are very good practical fishing reels.
I suspect that a lot are bought to try 'pin fishing; when it is discovered that practice is needed, the reel ends up in a cabinet, where, having no pretty spokes, it fails to impress, and finds itself back on ebay.
Still, in the end, it should find an owner who will discover the fun of catching fish on the pin, and at a fair price, too.

elliottwaters

Reaction score
Not quite as good reels as the Allcocks Aerial or even the Speedia, but a decent reel nevertheless. I’m still using my Dad’s old Trudex that must be sixty years old and it works as well as it ever did. Be interested to see how long the newer generation of ‘pins last.

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
I've a few old centrepins including the trudex and love to use them for most species from small river roach to barble, they are also superb for free roaming livebaits for predators on rivers.