Search for a Writing Star - December Winner

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Well done, Kevin. Always great stuff. But at great risk of being a moaner, couldn't it have been a prize which has more rounded appeal? I mean, I literally have no idea what a dumbell is and have no use whatsoever for a glug.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Many thanks to all for your kind comments

I'm slowly trying to get back into my writing groove. I'm sending in articles, not necessarily in order to win anything, but more to try and get back to my usual (low) writing standards.....!

Mark de Spark

Just curious, but what do you think would be a more appealing 'carrot' to get people sending in submissions....?

In the past we (the regular contributors) have been sending in articles without any form of inducement, recognition as a contibutor to the site was enough. If any form of free gift is offered any manages to drag a new writing star out of the woodwork, then what form that gift takes is/should be largely unimportant (I'm sure we all know someone who will be more than willing to take any 'unwanted' gifts off our hands....!)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Many thanks to all for your kind comments

I'm slowly trying to get back into my writing groove. I'm sending in articles, not necessarily in order to win anything, but more to try and get back to my usual (low) writing standards.....!

Mark de Spark

Just curious, but what do you think would be a more appealing 'carrot' to get people sending in submissions....?

In the past we (the regular contributors) have been sending in articles without any form of inducement, recognition as a contibutor to the site was enough. If any form of free gift is offered any manages to drag a new writing star out of the woodwork, then what form that gift takes is/should be largely unimportant (I'm sure we all know someone who will be more than willing to take any 'unwanted' gifts off our hands....!)

Go one then Kevin -send them to me:D:wh

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Well done Kevin. I've only just realised I was in the poll and hadn't congratulated the winner. Very bad show on my part...sorry mate.

And well done everyone else too. Some excellent articles there and having written one or two myself I know how much thought & effort goes into them.