transferring slides to digital images

G

Gary Knowles

I have loads of slides that I'd like transferring into digital images. There are loads of companies out there offering the service quite cheaply provided you have a large quantity of scans.

Has anyone used any of these services that you would reccomend ?

Reaction score
I have never actually done this Gary but a friend of mine has a slide copier that fits the lens on his digital camera he just puts a slide in and takes a photo of it

G

Gary Knowles

I'm actually talking about doing a lot (hundreds) of slides though, hence the need to outsource the work.

Thanks anyway

T

The Monk

I have about 4 thousand slide to copy Gary, my mate has just bought a multiple slide copier which does 50 at a time and throws them on the computer, it will take forever to do them one at a time

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

The above link i put on is bloody quick.

Takes less than a second to scan each neg or slide!

Handy too if you want some old prints (negs)added to digital/pc.

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
Garry - I may be able to help you - I used to do this work and still have a very expensive older scanner with a colour reversal facility. Like Monk says It can take some time to do them individually but having said that if you scan them in bulk you still have to load them individually into the foil then seperate and index or title them on your computer. It is also necessary to visit each image at least once to check the colour balance before you finally catalogue it for CD or DVD. However, I am happy to talk to you about it and if I can be of any help I will. If you want to email me your contact details we could discuss it. - Clive

B

Bully

Save your pennies and get it outsourced. Doing it manually is a nightmare........unless you are unemployed of course!