They come and go, what ever happened to

paul80

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondered, I have just return to fishing after a few years break and was wondering what had happened to some of the anglers that used to be either in the news or on the TV all the time.

The first couple that come to mind are

Andy Little who was always on TV

Julian Cundiff who was always in the mags

What happened to them, don't they fish any more.

Thanks

Paul

barbelboi

Reaction score
I believe that Andy Little is heavily committed to Fox as a consultant which has restricted his fishing, columns, tv appearances, etc..
Jerry

mol

Reaction score
I picked up an old carp world from last year and Jules had written an article in that. It was a bit of a rehash of older articles but I presume he's still fishing if he's submitting articles.

I think his style of fishing is out of favour with the carp mags as Julian tends to catch numbers of fish but not big fish. The size of fish he catches are very similar to what match anglers catch on commericals these days and they catch them in bigger numbers.

Please don't think I'm having a pop at Julian

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Julian is one of those well known anglers who are going for it big time on Facebook.

There are quite a few.

I'm busy on the keyboard writing about lots of "wellknown" anglers, many of whom are not as active as they once where but still nevertheless are major figures on the barbel scene.

flightliner

Reaction score
Last time I saw Julian was at Eric Hodsons funeral three or four years ago.

One angler who I liked to read in the old coarse angler mag was Alan Beat, thoughtfull and interesting. Wonder if he is still around.

Last edited: