Make The Most Of This Weekend

C

Carp Angler

At last a break from the cold.
We haven't had any real rain down South all winter and the rivers could do with a good flush through, there's too much dead weed and reed littering the river bed and the scouring will do it wonders.

S

sam oddy

You're lucky(ish) every second weekend has seen our local river full and chockablock with leaves. Still managed some really good grayling but most pleasingly some small chub to a couple of pounds. Small point but of recent times it has been easier to catch a five pound chub than a smaller fish. The EA reckoned in about 1996 that there were up to seven year classes missing so it could be that they're breeding successfully of late!

J

John Pleasance

I've polished the storm poles and cleaned the brolly pegs, so just let it blow.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Most of my best catches have come in very strong windy conditions. I love it, everyone else stays at home. Off to get the storm poles out, not sure i'm gonna polish em though!
Lets it Bloooooooooooow

M

Michael Hall

Hi guys
God it was bad out side today!!
it was very wet, very windy, very very cold and I thought that I was going to have a thunder storm at one point, however I did quite well I was the only one to catch out of about six people on the lake eith about 40 roach and perch!! Not bad for the conditions, it was so hard to keep the pole still! And Ashe has emailed me saying that he has blanked! along with his three other mates. So it will be tieing rigs and so on this next week end!

C

Craig w

we have been very lucky in Devon with no real freeze up, infact ive only been iced off once so far this year.

We do have a water problem in some places in down here with some reservoirs one third down which could be real bad if we dont get enough rain buy the summer and its a hot one!

B

Bob Gill

Yep, needs a good flush through. Next week looks promising and I'll be going.
Tight lines folks!

T

Terry Mann

The water is still very cold in my part of the midlands,the Teme today was only 42f although air temp in the 50,s.Both the Severn ,Teme and Avon have been like tap water since before Christmas.Lets hope when it starts raining it knows when to stop just to get the rivers at that perfect heightand colour.