miller lakes...???

B

Brett Chilvers

Has anyone fished any of the miller lakes in france and been robbed of your deposit money?

Reaction score
No Brett, please explain.

I have fished Le Mans and am going to Beausoleil in August. There has been no need to 'rob' me of my deposit as I have followed their rules and paid in full when required.

Somehow your post raises in me the feeling that you have booked, paid your ?200 deposit and then decided not to go. They then have not refunded your deposit. Probably as per the contract you signed when you booked?

B

Big Rik

We fished Le Mans and had absolutely no problems with Jean or Tony (or Michael the bailiff).
As I understand, they're one of the most pre-booked French carp holiday companys out there, with Le Mans booked several years in advance.

Brett, please explain in detail.

Reaction score
Whilst on Le mans, the family bvisited once during the week and it just happended to be whilst I was playing a fish from the 'lawn' swim. They stood behind me offering what I considered to be unneccesary and unwelcome comment All I wanted was to be left alone to play the fish. I ended up losing the bleedin' thing, which I was not best pleased about. i may have lost it anyway, but that wasn't the point. I paid the good money to have exclusive use and not to have anybody standing over me.

Having said all that, it is a personal view, and I have no problems with the way they run their business. I have no axe to grind either way, so am completely independant. It is an expensive holiday for one person to pay for, but that's my choice, and you get what you pay for. It certainly hasn't stopped me rebooking.

I don't believe any fishstocking reports for any commercial lake (not just France), just on principle, as my feeling is that they're worthless. THere is no way of checking how genuine they are, how long ago or how many have died since. what i do go on is personal recommendation from people I trust, and i would wholehearttedly recommend the Millers to anybody looking for an 'exclusive' use type holiday.

B

Brett Chilvers

four of us fished le mans recently and to me it was second to none me getting personal bests in cats/ mirrors and grass carp the whole complex was great. tony even let a couple of our friends stay for a night witch we showed our apprecitiation by leaving a very good tip . the place was scrubbed from top to bottom before we left and even one of the beds that was broke was fixed even though the bed was not broke by us (believe this or not). Not being the one myself that lost the deposit ive only the word of my friend that the reason for not getting the deposit back was because the place was untidy the bed was broke and there was some bottles still in the bin.i know for a fact the place was left spotless so do they just charge you a cleaning bill? Its probbably our fault for not reporting the bed but come on ?150.....
All im wondering is this an isolated insident or has anyone else lost there deposit due to a qestionable untidyness .

B

Big Rik

it does seem rather extreme, but I've not heard of any other reports of people losing their deposit.

R

Rob Tunnah

I fished Le Mans. Got a screaming one-toner and was dragged for miles by a bloody Ferrari.
Lost the b****r though.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

In any circumstance where repayment of a deposit is based on the state you leave equipment/place in, then you need to report any pre-exisitng problem immediately on arrival and take a picture on departure.

B

brett chilvers

The first fish i had rob on the first night rob was a 1 toner turned out to be my first ever cat fish at lb90 and took me around the lake 3 times(bloody brilliant).
And yes nigel, lesson learnt its just a shame the hours that we put in cleaning up for no reason.

Wooly

Reaction score
I tried earlier this year to book onto one of their waters for next year and another the year after.
Due to the length of time before we were to go I only named 2 anglers the other 2 to be advised nearer the date.
I then had a mail back saying I would have to name all 4. I pointed out that this was not possible and that I was prepared to pay and go even if there were only 2 of us.
I was also asked if it was I who had fished on one of their waters a few years back.
I mailed back saying it was and that I had really enjoyed it and had recommended them to everyone I had met since.
I then got what I considered to be a patronising, rude and unpleasant mail back saying that due to the shocking state we left the place in last time (3 plates left in the sink) that they had now introduced a ?150 breakage deposit because people like me could not be trusted. Also, if I could not name all 4 people I was not welcome.
Now when I left there were no plates in the sink. I can only assume my 2 other mates who left after me must have committed this heinous crime.
I replied back saying that I was hurt and offended by the tone of their message. I consider myself to have extremely high standards when abroad. I have fished many venues returning to some year after year, there has never been any incident, problem, or, complaint from any lake owner on any trip.
The implication in their mail was that for 3 dirty plates they would take all the ?150 deposit. Personally, I would consider that theft.
I kept my mail polite despite the fact I was seething inside. Needless to say I no longer recommend them to any one. If you have had no problems then fine, just remember though anyone going out, don't fart - it might cost you ?150.

B

brett chilvers

thanks for that wooly im sure we can rest easy now noing we r not alone in this one but lets not forget the owner probably had to walk a good 30 feet to put those bottles from the bin into the dustbin that works out at about ?150 for 30 seconds work . im definatley in the wrong job.

B

brett chilvers

im sure you are just being para-noid paraman i wouldt want anything else 4 him that to wish him a speedy recovery