Matchman Supplies

theoriginalpikeflyco

Reaction score
Hope its ok posting this in the general section...

Just feel obliged to share my experience with a certain retailer who I used a few times recently & am so pleased with everything I feel obliged to share my experience.

Now...a sad fact is...most of my local tackle shops (100 mile radius) are pathetic.

Most are somewhat 'clicky' & many are simply unfriendly...in fact I have witnessed many young & novice anglers being made to feel quite uncomfortable.

They carry poor stock & charge top dollar for everything...some even charge above the rrp. Most scorn at the thought of an exchange or refund (even if faulty), some even refuse to do so. And forget about them ordering in an item for you...unless you are happy to wait for weeks upon end & you will be asked to pay a crazy postage charge...sometimes as much as the value of the item you have ordered...and all this after asking for your deposit up front.

Oh, and they all try to sell you the stuff thats been sitting in their shop for years...still at top dollar prices...or, if they dont have what you need...they will try to sell you totally unsuitable alternatives (I have actually interupted a few really pushy sales pitches on a few occasions to advise a fellow customer that the item they are being pressured into buying is totally unsuitable for their needs).

So I, without any remorse whatsoever...do not support my local tackle shops & choose to spend my money online with retailers in mainland Uk & Europe.

So anyway...

I recently placed a few online orders with Matchman Supplies as they were offering unbeatable prices on a few bits I needed...

Before ordering I was on the phone a few times to the guys in the shop...bending their ears & seeking help in making some tackle choices...

1. NEVER EVER have I dealt with a tackle shop where every single member of staff bent over backwards to help me...regardless of how busy they obviously were.

2. Free UK postage is offered on all orders big & small...now I live in N Ireland & am well used to tackle shops taking the p*** with postage (even though I manage to send items back at a fraction of the cost I am charged for delivery to my address!). But not these guys...they included me in the free postage offer without quibble...and this included rods.

3. Regarding 1 order...I got an email to inform me they were having trouble finding a courier to transport an item that was ouside the max length restrictions...I was so impressed by the very fact they were contacting different couriers!

4. I got an email from Tim to advise an item in my last order was out of stock...he had actually contacted other shops in his area to try & get it for me!

Now I dont know about you guys on the mainland...but I can tell you that I have never & probably never will...recieve such exceptional service from any of my local shops...

Tim & his team at Matchman Supplies deserve my business & I will certainly spending more money with them in the future.

mick b

Reaction score
I agree also.
Ordered some hooks and line (as a trial).
Zero P&P with very competitive prices, and polite and helpful communications.

I will use them again for sure.