We are all pretty quick to criticize ...

• Thread starter ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)
  • Start date
E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

We are all quick to criticise companies for bad service (and rightly so)....

But I would like to compliment a company for the excellent service I received

I ordered a Wychwood game bag from 'Harris Sportsmail' on Monday afternoon at 3.30 (at a very good price --it was ?8 cheaper than anywhere else)and received it at 9.30 AM this morning (Wednesday)
Hows that for service ?? Not even 48 hours ...
In fact I was that pleased that I e-mailed them to say how happy I was with the service and got a nice reply back thanking me for the comments

I can definitely recommend dealing with this company !!

T

The Monk

yeah but they might have been real dodgy in the past and just starting to clean their act up?

F

Fred Bonney

I have made it a personal crusade, to always thank a company for providing first class service.
Those that don't,get the opposite.

W

Wolfman Woody

I hope your e-mail spurs them on Ed. When Sue and Chris ran it, it was a superb company with many items being delivered overnight, not even 24 hours.

When I last ordered something, the item wasn't as pictured and I complained. I had a response saying they would take it up with the manufacturer as they too were confused. I am still (9 weeks now) waiting for their comments. Goods are now being used anyway as the cost was hardly anything and I needed something to work with. Just a shambles really.

Deanos

Reaction score
Look lads,
Marks & Spencer still have one of the best return policy?s there are going!
If you buy a tank top from them, and it does not go with say your black slip on shoes, you can take it back, and one of the nice ladies (who look like my mam) will give you your money back!
Also, when you are in the changing cubicle, they are very big, so even fat people can try clothes on, I will certainly shop there again I can tell you!

S

Steve King

When Sue and Chris ran it, it was a superb company with many items being delivered overnight, not even 24 hours.

That was my experience too. I am obviously not up to date - what's the story i.e who runs it now??

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Generally my goods are delivered within seconds Ed, at my LOCAL Tackleshop. OK so I pay a bit more from time to time. But by shopping there I know it will always be there and not replaced with a takeaway or bookies.

Guilders establish in 1965.

captain carrott

Reaction score
what's the story i.e who runs it now??

masterline!

service had taken a bit of a dip in quality.
but it looks like they might be turning things round a bit from ed's experience.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I will remind you Woody that this thread is about paying compliments for good service. If you want to start another rant then do it elsewhere.

I too have had good service from this company.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
The best mail order service i have had was from cheshire guns and tackle,everything i have asked for sent quickly,well packaged,minimum fuss and excellent customer service etc....top marks to them!!!
The worst was from the angling centre in derby??? Had a real bad experience with them a few years ago and have never used them since.I will never reccomend them to anybody and they can get to buggery!!!!

E

"Generally my goods are delivered within seconds Ed, at my LOCAL Tackleshop. OK so I pay a bit more from time to time. But by shopping there I know it will always be there and not replaced with a takeaway or bookies."

I saved ?8 and didn't even have to go out of the front door .....that was a bonus to me!

W

Wolfman Woody

"I will remind you Woody that this thread is about paying compliments for good service."

I wish you'd learn to read Baz. A, B, C, D, etc.

I was paying a compliment, to the previous owners of Harris.

E

A compliment to a service that no longer exists is not REALLY a compliment is it -- because you can't make use of it so it's useless

<u>Its like putting a link up to a website that doesn't exist </u>

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Pass mine every time I'm going fishing. So I'm out (3 times a week) Anyway! So it's not a problem to call in and get what I want.

Now will MO provide us with live bait of top quality, advise on local water, etc?

I doubt it!

As the saying goes, Use them, or lose them!

W

Wolfman Woody

I don't wish to labour a point Ed, but the previous statement to my compliment to Sue Harris etc., was "I hope your e-mail spurs them on Ed."

I was saying that I do hope they turn the corner now and make the business as good as it used to be. By heavens, I've recommended them enough. Half the links in here are to Harris Sportsmail.

T

The Monk

I think companies that support angling should be complemented too, quite a number of companies get involved with genuine sponsorship.

Nutrabaits comes to mind for me, a business run by carp anglers for carp anglers, Kryston is another one.

Y

yoggy

I`ve had a few things from Harris.

Lures,Landing net,etc

Nothing but brilliant service.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Iv'e just used the Mantis Dark from Kryston this afternoon, together with the pva bags. Both were a gift from Dave Chilton, best three hours fishing for a long time. Six Tench, three of which were between 6-7 lb. Plus one Mirror Carp at 22.

Thanks a million Dave Chilton (Krystonite).

( the antheads were all over me for a piece of hooklength).

T

The Monk

Dave gives loads of stuff away and has done for years,his products are well thought up and top quality and service is second to none.