Multiple hairs

R

Rob Tunnah

Saw an article recently which showed how to tie a rig with up to 4 hairs, all carrying different baits. Lost the b****r though.
Some of you lot must know how to tie this one.
Gissa clue.
Ta, Rob.

B

Big Rik

I used to fish multiple hairs when using particles as hook bait.
Number of hairs was dependant on size of bait, but usually 3 or 4 and I just whipped them onto the shank where required and added a drop of superglue.

Reaction score
I have used two hairs for particles by whipping one to the bend and one from the eye. If you make sure that they are not too long then they won't come into contact with each other. I have also used two hairs for boilies. In this instance whip a long hair halfway down the shank but leave the both tag ends long. Tie a loop at both ends. Using a line aligner made from shrink tube, before shrinking thread the upper tag end up through the tube and out of the very top. The main line shoud exit the line aligner about three quarters of the way up the tubing in front of the eye. Using a pop-up on the bottom loop and a bottom bait on the upper loop, it creates a very difficult rig for a carp to eject as the two separate baits move about in the mouth. If you encase the rig from top bait to bottom bait in rig foam, this also will prevent tangles.

B

Big Rik

use a stiff material for the hair (10lb flouro) and then they won't tangle.

Bobby the Blank

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. This site is the dogs wotsits !
The advice I've been given in the short space of time since registering has already saved me
months of experimentation. As a bloke who can't put in the hours because of family commitments this info is invaluable.Thanks to all.

Reaction score
bobby, it doesn't matter how much experience you get, asking a sensible question gets you sensible answers (unless the Monk's in a mood!).

I remember Dave Chilton at a Regional Carp Society meeting asking Kevin Nash what a pop-up was! The guy then went on to set up Kryston! Asking questions didn't do Dave much harm!

D

droughty

the easy way to do the double hair is when you tie your rig with the knotless knot .. before you start to whip down the shank . leave a LONG TAIL . then fold it back through the eye of the hook . then whip down the shank.. this should leave you with a big loop .. cut the loop in the middle .. you now have two hairs...