Worst bit of fishing kit

T

trev matthews

Mine was a multi sized bread punch thingy is red and blue plastic, it claimed to be able to produce hundreds of bread pellets in a few minutes but the gaps between the "holes" was so great all it did was to squash the bread and you could get about 30 pellets from a slice of bread.

G

Ged

Maver electronic bite alarm. carn't rember exact model. The thing farted when it rained or got wet.

T

The Monk

The thing farted when it rained or got wet.

haha, I tend to do that!

some of the early carp gear in the 80s was not really fit for the purpose, we paid a lot of money and wrre told it was us who did the field testing, I can rember buying an early Fox Bedchair which bend on me on my first session, basically I was told I was too fat for it and anyone over 12 stone (the vast majority of carp anglers)needed an extra support leg (I bent this too), thankfully they have since got their act together, the later stuff was first class.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

A low stalking chair.
It was strong enough, but you got your dirtbox wet through from the grass underneath, (about 5") it was that low to the ground.

Reaction score
To be really contraversial! The solar sod pod. I bought one (fortuntaly, secondhand) believing all the hype of it being the dig's whotsits. Used it once and sold it!

Unstable, heavy, imppssible to get straight uneven ground. Ugh! Overblown, overhyped, overpriced.

Sorry, Martin, you make some fantastic stuff, but i have no idea why this product has proved so popular. Marketing over function, I suspect.

Chevin

Reaction score
trev matthews
i also had a float that kept sinking

That is when you are supposed to strike. *LOL*

I had a float that never went under!

One of the worst things I ever bought though was a Mitchell Otomatic. I was delighted to be able to swap it when on holiday in Ireland for a Mitchell 300 that had been bought only a few minutes earlier. I lost a few bob on the exchange but I got rid of a piece of rubbish!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Like you Chevin a Mitchell Otomatic. Hooked a 25 lb catfish using it and the terrible automatic bail arm disintegrated.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Oddly enough the solar pod has come in for a lot of stick on the waters I fish recently. Yes it looks nice but not really stable enough.

john blundell

Reaction score
i had a Greys rod that wouldn't actually stay together. The taper was wrong and didn't fit at all! 2nd one though, no probs.

I had a Fox chair where the rear legs went straight back in when i extended them, sending me into a ditch backing onto the path along the canal i was attempting to sit on!

John.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Chevin,

That float that never went under, take it back, it must be faulty, or put 3ozs lead on it 6inches deep, that should make it sink.

Chub rod holder, the one with the rod sleeves. Just Pants.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Hi Ed,

Ask Ron he knows all about pants.

Jogging pants, are they the ones that when you put them on you want to jog, if not why not, and why are they called jogging pants?.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I bought a dragon carp rod which was the width of a drain pipe and with what looked like plastic eyes. This was going to be my birstday present. So I took it back it back paid a bit extra and ggot a delk. Still got to wait till friday before I can use it though.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Jogging pants are for lazy people who can't be bothered to get dressed propely in the mornings. I hate seeing old women in jogging pants.