weather so mixed

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Saturday, Sunday , Monday and Tuesday early morning frost and cold all day then mild midweek before a predicated cold end to the week

When will the weather settle so we can get some decent fishing done

little oik

Reaction score
The weather is absolutely mad I agree .Admittedly we have only had about 6 days of frost this winter but looking over the garden today I noticed I have a Delphinium that is about 2 foot high and it has flower buds on it ,and not a daff in sight as yet.

Carlos

Reaction score
I was walking through St James Park in London (the one in front of the palace) and a cherry tree had some blooms on it. Already a few crocus in the backgarden are on their second flowering.

maceo

Reaction score
It's hard to choose the right day to go at the moment, it's true.

I'm looking at Friday here.

Light rain/overcast, fairly mild, 12mph winds according to the forecast.

Haven't managed to get out for several weeks now for various reasons - only one session since Xmas.

New tackle is all ready to try out.

I'm chomping at the bit.

barbelboi

Reaction score
The forecast for Friday and the weekend here is mild 12°C/5°C and breezy. Still got geraniums, fusias and roses out round the patio.
Jerry

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The weather here has been strange too; temperature swings of 15°C here in 2 days.

On Tuesday at 06:30 it was -5°C and today at the same time it was 10°C . . . . . wierd.

Just finished chatting with an old friend in Calgary, Alberta; its -28°C there at the moment . . . . . . . . glad I'm not there!

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
I have been in Hamburg all week, it was snowing this morning and bl**dy freezing. Landed at Heathrow this afternoon and mild as a spring day, need that to hold out for the weekend.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
was out on the Ivel yesterday. Gloomy, mild and wet after dawn, but then brighter and colder, with serious storm-force wind and rain (not on forecast). Mate had a near 6Ib chub and lost 5 other good fish - all before 10.30am. Dead after that...by which time i arrived back having put him in the swim at dawn but had to do school run afterwards.

bankside

Reaction score
2 bunches of Daffs in Congleton,Snow drops on the river Wyre and crocus in Stoke........yeh I get about......:D