A Reality Check!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
September 11th, I think that just about done it for me last year. Things were so manic up until then and for the record, just carried on that way until we broke up for Christmas. I lost my cousin in the terror attack on the Twin Towers and although I think I’d only met him twice in my entire life, I don’t think I’d actually got to grips with just how the whole affair affected me.

The weird thing about the time up until Christmas was that most of us (although seriously distressed about the whole September 11th situation) just plodded onwards. I certainly did, although deep down, I feel that something on that day cracked a change in me. I managed to get away for New Year with the family and just sat in the sun thinking. And right out the blue it hits you! Life is to short!

Yep we’ve heard it many a time and have probably used the phrase to often to remember, but have you ever thought it through and let it smack you hard and fast until you consider doing something about it!

Now don’t get me wrong, I haven’t turned into some 2002 born again-happy clapper or anything like that, what I am saying, is that things are going to be different this year. No longer will my family or my fishing (although not always in that order) play second fiddle to my work.

So what’s my point? Who am I to waffle on?
To me it’s now simple “I’m gonna Do a f**k lot more of what I enjoy from now on and for Me THAT’S FISHING”

C

Carp Angler

Howdy stranger.

It's about time we heard from you again.
Sell up and buy a big lake complex.

You know it makes sense.....

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
This is the year Rik, I've already arranged an exit stratedgy meeting with the board on Wednesday. May take best part of the year to get out, but I have a totally different attitude this year.
A nice 9 acre spot, take an acre for the house and garden, and acre for the lakes boundary and off we go.

Did you have a Good Christmas?

C

Carp Angler

Yes, but Andy, you don't own a company worth ?10 million.

Stu, great christmas thanks.
Best wishes to you and yours.
When we meeting up again?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Funny you should say that Rik,I've wangled sat 16th Feb with the missus. Me and Jeff are doing a day on the quiver. Not sure if we're gonna hit the lakes or find a river if you ancy it, although its only going to be local.

Already looking at picking your brains as I fancy a three-dayer for the carp. Although I'm up for loads more fishing this year, I've got to be clever by planing in advance as our number three is on its way and due in August. (OH MY GOD, THREE UNDER THREE - AM I MAD??)

Two boys so far, so in a few years I have all the excuses need for night fishing long sessions, whetehr they like fishing or not! So on this basis, if you are planning any trips ahead for around the 2-3 day ength, then let me know, but remember I need as much time as poss to soften the old girl!!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Great minds think alike Andy, we will have to swap notes as and when Andy!
Good luck with your plans mate!

A

Andy Davis

Going to Sparsholt in September (if i get a place)going to learn a little bit first, then start to look for the property

D

David Will

It's a fishery management college.Stuart three under three , you really do need to get fishing more preferably night fishing either that or get a telly :)

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Oh shit! I knew I should got that tv fixed! It was a good idea at the time David, and I certainly needed the practice in getting right!