Preston reflo power line

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hey up,
been using reflo since getting back to serious fishing and use it for all my bottoms and it is superb stuff! I use just the normal tucked blood knot and its fine, never had any probs.

Mark

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Good stuff. I haven't used it in the very small diameter/bs but never had a problem with the higher diameters. I only as hooklengths mind....very tough,knots well too.I like it and as I have often said I'm not easily impressed and wont compromise on lines & hooks in particular

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm a fan too, have used it from .11 (domhoff knot/spade) up to .19/.21 (knotless knot/eyed).
Jerry

little oik

Reaction score
I found when tying knots with the stuff parts of the line close to the knot remained all sqiggled up like a pigs tail.Still use it but being carefull when tying the knots .

mol

Reaction score
been using the 2ish, 3ish and 4ish all last season, found it to be great stuff. I use a figure of 8 loop knot at one end and a drennan hook tyer at the other to knot on a spade end, plenty of spit and not a problem. Surprisingly tough for the diameter

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Iv'e yet to find anything from the preston stable that is rubbish, reflo is just the best hooklength out there, period.

Mark

caesarson

Reaction score
Always use it for hook lengths using knot less knot. Which allows for just hook, hair rigged bands or stop link. All 3 lengths are always in my hook box.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do use it but have found it likes to twist when winding back. I actually prefer silstar matchman myself, it doesn't twist so bad and I find it more reliable.

ravey

Reaction score
I see very little negative said of Reflo, but am happy using the Daiwa TDR rig line from .08 to .20 (1lb6oz to 8lb). Not sure how much Preston is per 100m, but Daiwa stuff is £4.99 which is reasonable. I have heard that Preston is thicker than stated.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I see very little negative said of Reflo, but am happy using the Daiwa TDR rig line from .08 to .20 (1lb6oz to 8lb). Not sure how much Preston is per 100m, but Daiwa stuff is £4.99 which is reasonable. I have heard that Preston is thicker than stated.

Preston line is the same price , I'll look at the diawa if I find some

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since being first handed a couple of spools of the stuff with a "Try this, Paul ... tell us what you make of it" in a tackleshop I was then still speaking with in 2005/06, I've used the Reflo line: float-caught chub to over 6 pounds, float-caught barbel to just a shade under 14. Good stuff as a hooklink, but use a "firmer" mono, whether it be on 'pin or fixed-spool, as mainline.

johnnyfby

Reaction score
Not ried the Reflo, but I always use Stroft GTM in the 0.08 - 0.16 diameter.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do use it but have found it likes to twist when winding back. I actually prefer silstar matchman myself, it doesn't twist so bad and I find it more reliable.

I started using micro swivels between my mainline and hooklength and I have not had any trouble with twist since!

Mark

soffit

Reaction score
I started using micro swivels between my mainline and hooklength and I have not had any trouble with twist since!

Mark

Same here. Also easier to change the hook length than trying to tease two loops of nylon apart.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Mark i've used micro swivels to join bottoms for years but even when using one them reflo still seems to twist. I think finding a swivel smooth enough to actually work (swivel) with light lines that's a problem. Often the lines will twist and the swivel just doesn't swivel.