Shelf Life Boilies & Throwing Sticks

R

Robert Woods

I'm after info on 16/18mm shelf life boilies.Since I have no room in my freezer for any quality boiles has anyone used any of Rod's readymades or could recomend other ones? Also what throwing stick do you use especially for 15mm to 18mm boilies?

C

Carp Angler

Hutchies baits are good quality but they're either 14mm or 18mm.
His Monster Crab is unstoppable.

I've got an old Cobra throwing stick, that gets an airing occasionally.

David Preston

Reaction score
"I've got an old Cobra throwing stick, that gets an airing occasionally." - when NASA want to get something to the moon in a hurry!

C

Carp Angler

The little game at DDI with the throwing stick was some fun, eh Dave?

G

GYPSY DAVE

For 15mm Baits the cobra JACK does about 65 to 80 yards depending on wind ( or 110 yards if its to the tree line on sibleys. "sic")Happy new year RIK.

J

John McLaren

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the shelf life of "shelf life" boilies? How long do they last once opened and how long do they stay fresh if they remain sealed? - so far as I can see none of them have "best before" dates.

C

Carp Angler

Nor has any bait as far as I'm aware.

The worst are fish oils which can go rank quite quickly.
Look for bottles that have imploded as a sure sign of them being off.

A

andrew jackson

I have never realy bothered with shelf lifes, I tried a few bags when they first came available, but I didnt rate them. So this is more of an observation, than anything else, I would stick to the bigger shops to buy your baits. This is because the bigger shops have a faster turn round, in theory that should equate to fresher bait. I have seen bags of bait in some of the little shops, that are literaly years old. I have never used them, but the Nutrabaits shelf lifes come highly recomended.

R

Robert Woods

After taking in everybody's comments and since I've caught on some Supremo frozen boilies I've decided to forget shelf boilies.Regarding sticks & cattys...they are not seagull proff...so I will just spod them in.Thanks for the info.