Memorial Match

Waveney One

Reaction score
Hi Guys, there may be some of you who will know of Vince Morgan. He was one of the original founder members of the PAA and did coaching the world of good around Suffolk. He was the first coach to be based at the Suffolk Water Park. Although a PAA coach, he also did a lot of work for local clubs and their juniors on an entirely voluntary basis.
He was described by the local police as a 'one man crime prevention team'

Vince died some years ago now and there has been an annual memorial match to celebrate his life at the Suffolk Water Park. It is generally well attended and there are few angling coaches who turn up.

The draw for the match will be 9.45am at the fishing lodge at the Sufolk Water Park and fishing will be 11am to 4pm. Two keepnets are required, one for carp and one for silvers including the large tench. Other rules are fairly restricted I am glad to say.

Barbless Hooks, No Catmeat, No Floating Baits, No fixed rigs (ie all feeders must be free to slide off if they get snagged.) For the weigh -in the lower rings of keepnets must be pulled through, or fish must be swum to the top of the net whilst it is in the water. Fish must not be tipped down the net.

You can park behind your peg. All pegs except for the canal, have stagings and are disabled friendly although there is a slope down to the water over cut grass. You will need box attachments or long banksticks as the water under the stagings is deep, up to 7 foot. There is a cafe on site where you can obtain a good breakfast and is likely to be open after the match for the presentation. The website for the Suffolk Water Park is
http://www.suffolkwaterpark.com/default.htm there is a complete set of match rules.

The results for all the matches this year are on there as well in the Forum pages.

If anyone wants a ticket they can ring me on 07881 953310. If you want any details on how I fish it, (I rarely win but manage a few frames) send me a pm. We hope to get 50+ anglers.

Waveney One

Reaction score
The flood water is receding and the stagings are now visible again. No fish have been lost or escaped into the river so looking forward to a good match.

Waveney One

Reaction score
Spotter went for a sneak practice yesterday and had a thoroughly good day out and is looking forward to next weekend.

Only 6 days left to book in and as I am restricting the match to 60 pegs to keep only the good pegs in tickets are beginning to sell out. Get in quick if you want one. If you need any details, email me and I will give you lowdown.

Waveney One

Reaction score
Well, it was a great match and the weather was benign for the 39 who eventually fished it. Not enough wind for M1 perhaps but perfect for the pole on M2 where the top 5 weights came from. Unfortunately I was on M1 and in the worst section on there judging by the weights.I did manage to win the section though so that was OK.

Top man on the day was Aaron Coleman of Gipping Valley AC who caught most of his fish on the method feeder from peg 57 in the corner on M2. Aaron had 71lb 5oz on banded pellet.

2nd was Pat Denny from Saxmundham Angling Centre who fished paste on the pole and was just 2 fish away from winning. Pat weighed 67lb 12oz.

3rd was Jimmy Ellis, Nisa Waveney who doesn't make many trips to the Water Park but seems to frame whenever he does. Jimmy had 57lb 2oz and fished red maggot on the method to start and then fished the paste on the pole.

4th was Jimmy Randall, Colmic Whizzo, with 54lb 7oz

5th Richard Reynolds, Ipswich, with 52lb 7oz

6th Mick Godfrey, Viscount Tackle, with 49lb 6oz who had the top weight on M1 and was section 3 winner.

Section winners included Mick Godfrey above

Lake M1
Section 1 Richard Watson, Nisa Waveney, 32lb 14oz
Scetion 2 Scott Douglas, Nisa Waveney, 41lb 12oz
Section 3 Mick Godfrey, Viscount Tackle, 49lb 6oz
Sections defaults on Lake M2
Section 4 John Dale, Ipswich, 47lb 11oz
Section 5 Kenny Rolfe, 43lb 5oz