Jolly Brollies

terry m

Reaction score
Gents

Who still uses a brolly for day sessions, and if so what size and what make? I am looking for a really robust brolly to replace a 50" Korum that was destroyed today.

I actually think that the larger brollies are more susceptible to wind damage than the smaller ones?

Can anyone recommend a tough brolly?

Thanks

Bluenose

Reaction score
Not sure what type of fishing you do mate, but here goes.

Firstly I rarely use one when river fishing, relying on good wet/cold weather gear instead, but when I do take one on the river, it's a cheap and cheerful basic 45inch nylon job that you get from argos or wherever! The thing is, it's light and keeps the worst off. I only take it when I know the weather will be horrendous, today for example I never took it!

On a stillwater if am fishing static, same choice as above unless I'm staying longer then I have a 50 inch wavelock, with storm poles if need be, heavy but more comfy if it slashes down.

Overnighter I have a fox brolly/bivvy thingeo!

The bad one

Reaction score
With EC on this, a cheapo 45 in. But put storm poles on it on days like yesterday.

paul80

Reaction score
Hi

I also use a cheap 45inch Nylon one for most of my needs, and its mainly used to keep water out of my tackle boxes rather than water off of me. I also have a 60 inch Oval brollie as well if it gets too bad, although its never actualy been out of its bag yet.

Paul

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
have a look at the pro-logic brolly on the harris sportsmail web site, suprb bit of kit for the money!

Mark