EasyTackle.com?

• Thread starter Richard Jones 4
  • Start date
R

Richard Jones 4

I all, I'm new here.
I used to be big into Carp fishing up until about 18 years ago. My boys are now keen to start fishing so I'm looking forward to starting up again.
I have a problem though. I gave all my tackle to my Dad who now has it with him in France. So I have decided to purchase some new equipment. I have placed a fairly large order with EasyTackle.com, sponsored and found via this site. The order has been marked as 'processing' for over a week now and they have taken the money from my account. I have tried chasing them up via email to which they have not replied. I have tried calling them on the phone several times and they do not answer it. Has anyone here used them or know why I can't get hold of them? Unfortunately I can't take my boys fishing until I receive this gear and on my budget I can't afford to go out and buy it all again elsewhere.
I'm hoping they have simply closed the shop for a week and gone away on a fishing holiday.

alan

Reaction score
Richard, take a look through the forums, there are at least 2 other threads with people having the same problem.

W

will spencer

we had the same problem a year or two ago with telephone tackle.i had to wait about four months for my order.only advice-go down to their store if you can and pick up what you ordered,then pick up somethiong to compensate you for your inconvenience

W

will spencer

oh almost forgot,please try not to blame this site for your inconvenience.graham does not have control of the retailers.if they do not forward your order as promptly as advertised you shouldn't really try to lay blame on fishing magic.the blame lies with easytackle.

IanH

Reaction score
Easy tackle are actually a very small tackle shop just round the corner from where I live.

They hardly stock anything in the shop, they just order it in when they get an order - they must do a fair trade as there's almost a constant stream of DHL vans et al delivering to them, but it does introduce a delay.

I actually ordered something of them via the internet before I realised who it was - I'd never connected the little shop with it's larger internet presence.

richandhazel

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I have done. I popped up there this morning, just got back.
They were more than reasonable and all the items that he was awaiting stock for were compensated with more expensive and better items. My order had been part assembled and it was awaiting further stock.
They are up to their eyes in refurbishment hence the chaos up there.
Now that I have seen and met them I can see that they have set themselves up well and with a little more communication could do very well indeed.

Oh and I wasn't having a dig at this site, sorry if it came across that way.......I was merely mentioning it as it was where I found the link. I should have worded that differently.

W

will spencer

no worries richandhazel,that solves the mystery of the delayed order,lets have a beer and go fishing