preparing bird seed for carp

addicts

Reaction score
how long should you soak /boil the seed and hemp before used . i have brought a blend that is sold for carp angliers to save time iv soaked it already for about 5 hrs in hot water

F

Frothey

if its a partiblend type preperation, just bring to the boil and leave in a bucket for 3 or 4 days

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
like frothey said prepare your bait well in advance and add flavours as the seed expands not after as this will allow it to soak in if you you are adding flavour. most seed require a good boiling then a couple of days soak.

Reaction score
Just the thread i have been looking for, just one question. After your have soaked then boiled your mix what should be done with it then? Should i be leaving it in water so it does not dry out?
I have some boiling now that i have flavoured and soaked for 3 days that i plan to use tomorrow but not sure what to do after the boil.
Thanks guys

wayne aspley

Reaction score
Try some good old fashioned stock cubes or oxo, allow the particles to soak for a day or two, then bring them to boil, put them in a bucket after boiling, prefrebly something airtight, and add your addits, i like as ive said before, certain stocks, or even N-Butyric Acid with chilli flakes.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Once you have finished all the prep work and cooked it, you can freeze it.

You should always soak your seed for at least 24 hours, then bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 mins. I then turn off the gas and leave the seeds in the hot water, this will carry on cooking the seeds until the water is cold.

If you are into using a method mix, then use the water from the cooked seeds to mix up with, or use it for mixing groundbait.

Remember you dont always have to cook the hemp. just as long as you soak it for more than 24 hours it's ok

Reaction score
ok guys, thanks thats cleared that up for me then.i have put it all back into the bucket with the water it was soaked/cooked in and added a little more flavour aswell so im all ready to go.
Smells lovely!