'Justins'

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Would the author of this article, Kevin Perkins, please contact me - <a href=mailto:graham@fishingmagic.com>graham@fishingmagic.com</A>

P

Peter Morton

Kevin,
I would love to comment,but it is impossible as i'm rolling around the floor,holding my sides to stop them from splitting,
Peter.

A

Alan Page

I HAVE JUST MANAGED TO STOP THE SIDES SPLITTING LONG ENOUGH TO SAY KEVIN SHOULD BE ON THE STAGE MY WIFE IS ALWAYS GIVING ME G B H IN THE EAR OVER ALL MY GEAR COMPARED WITH HIS I AM ON A BIGGINERS PACK WELL DONE LETS HAVE MORE

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Brilliant Kevin, just Brill, brings back memories of some time ago in match fishing magazine when somebody penned 'Up for T Cup'.
You're a natural mate, keep writing.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Excellent Kevin -------something we can all relate to !!!!

R

Rodney Wrestt

I agree with all the above, great stuff.....whens the next one?

W

Wendy Perry

Excellent read i nearly laughed my stitches out lol well done !!

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Graham - I was suprised to see my article 'Justins' in the Editorial. Always difficult to know if anyone will take the time to read something you have written, let alone publish it!

J

John Pleasance

Kevin, I think you should take up roving for chub,you will either learn how to cut down on your tackle or give us a good laugh telling us about it .

A

Ashe Hurst

Just got a telling off from my wife,she was disciplining the kidds as i was bustting my gutts with giggles. She thought i was laughing at her ranting.
Tried to explain the artical,but she was too far gone in her tazmainian devil impression.
Anyway, ive got tubs,bags,storage bins full of odds and sodds.
Then theres my coarse tackle,pike,carp,fly and sea tackle boxes and rods,two folding carp chairs,chair with built in bag,3 landingnets.
Then the 9 rods,I did sell lots of poles,whips,rods,bags ,holdalls seat box,bank sticks,keep nets,landing nets and reels.Why? cos i had too many jusins.

Two years later and im nearly back to where i was before.
At one time i used to carry every item of tackle,justin case.Sort of stems back from my match fishing days.
Now i only take what i know i will need.
A all day session on a lake i will take quite a bit,as long as i can carry it all with ease.On a short session i may only take my quiver holdall,waist coat ,chair,landing net,float and feeder rod.
If im stalking/roving my local river then its one rod,waist coat,shoulder bag and landing net.Odds and sodds in pockets and unhooking matt pushed through the bag straps.
So far ive not had a rod break,a few crack offs and smashed feeders when ive not featherd the line in time before it reaches the bridge,but that was a bad day,you know it all goes pear shapped from the start and goes down hill from there on.
Like when my daughter hooked the landing net,i unhooked it,telling my 7 yr old ,"dont move the rod". You know what happens,dont you? Her first finger fish.