rain

Wayne Bradford

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick one was just thinking will all this water we are all havin affect the fishing?

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
definately fishin margins will produce on most lakes with the colour of the water changing due to the water flowing in off the land clouded water will give the fish more confidence. depending on wind conditions.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
They live in water anyway so I don't suppose a little more will bother them.

Theres been so much lately they've got to be used it by now anyway.

stikflote

Reaction score
its put the fish off in the matches ive been fishing ,just too much rain ,and we havent seen our stretch of the trent yet, fields too soft to go over and platforms are still under water

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
it will put them off to start with but all the natural food flowing into the lake off the land ie worms snails slugs and other insects can encourage heavy feeding habits when carp are concered.

Keith Moors

Reaction score
If the river has risen far enough try fishing to the grass patches where you would normally sit.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
What bothers me with all the rain is the fish fry and last years fry.

The rivers have been up a lot longer than other times. In floods like this how much of last years and this years fry will be left when things get back to normal.

The lakes have been just as bad and we all know that a few fish get lost to floods, but these floods have been over a longer period and wider area.

As for the fishing i dont thing its been great anywhere and i am sure it has slowed things down.

Keith Moors

Reaction score
Ray. The fry may actually benefit from the extra colour in the rivers hiding them from predators (including cormorants) and one thing is for sure the floods will certainly leave only the strong ones.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Keith,

you know as well as i do this was no ordinary flood.

Lakes and rivers have covered vast areas of land, and when the waters starts getting back to normal a lot of fish wont make it back, fish are being found in the streets, gardens you name it.

Even in flash floods fish are lost, fry do take cover as do other fish, but i think it will be a couple of years before we find out for sure.