pva online

Reaction score
i want to buy some pva mesh and i got told to google pva online but when i do this it gives me a place to goto but when i press the link it looks like the web page has moved or closed down is there anywhere else i can get quite abit of mesh without paying shop prices ? i suppose i could try ebay but i would like somewhere i could trust cheers guys
brendan

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Brendan I would beware of some of the cheap pva mesh it isnt very good some of it.3.50 pound for 6 metres esp is the best price I know of but will be interested to see if you can get it cheaper.I think the kit is 6 or 7 pound tube ram rod and pva.

Reaction score
i know wot youre saying gav you get wot u pay for ive just started fishing for barbel and am useing the 32mm pva mesh i bought a new tube but it only lasted me one and a half trips to the ribble and that was with one rod graham m posted something on the forum a couple of years ago and gave this mesh 9 / 10 and ive been told if you buy 50 metres it works out about half the price of esp/ korum etc and if graham has used it and says its good it must be ?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Brendan let me know please if you find out .I know what you mean about it not lasting long especially if barbel fishing and you want to put a bit of bait out.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Brendan I forgot to mention when tying it make sure you have packed it down tight into the bag on your hand or knee ,then cut it leaving about a cm at most ,then twist with damp fingers forming like a knot but it saves a little on the pva rather than the over hand knot.Try and be quick once you have cut it though or the bags open out again.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Don't buy any flood damaged PVA from Yorkshire tackle shops ......no matter how cheap they are selling it for

David Craine

Reaction score
Funny this thread just turning up....I have just today taken delivery of 25mtrs of PVA net for ?16.25p Inc postage. E Bay special,..it comes with 2 tubes, but is not tube mounted. I have tied up a net of mini pellets, and tested it out in a glass of water... melts quite quickly,double bagged another net of pellets,extends the melt time, ideal, and it is very tough and does not ladder. I am well pleased.