Groundbait Transportation & Storage

maceo

Reaction score
I was wondering what other people do about bags of groundbait once they're open?

How do you stop it from leaking out everywhere while you're carrying it in your bag/box etc?

I try to only open the bag in the corner, then fold it over several times when I've finished and put a clothes peg over it. I'm not convinced this is absolutely foolproof though and I'm always dreading arriving home to find it all swilling around in the bottom of the box and giving everything a breaded coating.

I was thinking about maybe getting hold of some of those ziplock bags as a solution, but is there some more elegant way of resolving this problem?

mol

Reaction score
You can get big plastic clips that are used to keep frozen food bags or cereal bags closed. They're pretty big clips and will easily fit the complete length of a groundbait bag. I'd guess you'd get them at most big supermarkets or maybe a pound shop.

I've got a couple made by Rameau, a french groundbait company but I bet there a standard item just rebranded by a fishing company.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
You can get big plastic clips that are used to keep frozen food bags or cereal bags closed. They're pretty big clips and will easily fit the complete length of a groundbait bag. I'd guess you'd get them at most big supermarkets or maybe a pound shop.

I've got a couple made by Rameau, a french groundbait company but I bet there a standard item just rebranded by a fishing company.

If you do the above remeber to label what each ground bait is