ATTX

Julian Barber

Reaction score
I currently own 4 fox sx's. Im more than happy with the alarms but want to add remote facility to them.
I could buy the ATTX or ditch them completely and buy some new buzzers with built in remote, an option I'm not fond of because the SX's are OK, and if it aint broke, dont fix it.
I dont want to go the fox add-on remote option cos it relies on all rods in proximity of each other as its wired as far as the transmitter.
This leaves me ATTX but have heard some bad reports about them.
Anybody use/used them and have an opinion?
TIA

F

Frothey

What are the bad reports Julian? very early on they had a few teething probs, but they are sorted now - never had a problem with mine. also, customer service is excellent, down to being able to upgrade firmware,etc at a reasonable price.

Julian Barber

Reaction score
Hiya Frothey.
The problems that were relayed to me were of poor battery life, leading to degraded distance performance. ( not that this is such an issue as I see no valid reason for being 200 metres from your rods)
More worrying was that the transmitters are unreliable and prone to complete failure. Not good if the buzzers are turned right down and your not aware of an takes.

F

Frothey

each set of batteries has lasted just over a year for me, never had a transmitter fail.
the recent firmware upgrade has increased battery life, and the new version has better range (not that you need it!)

C

Cakey

My new Fox ones are superb......
3 on my pod and the fourth one I done a floating socket so the fourth rod is set up and I put an extension lead in to connect

dont forget your rods have to be within a metre legally !

Julian Barber

Reaction score
Had no idea about the rods within a metre law, seems a bit unworkable.
I dont mean I'm gonna spread my rods completely along a bank, but fishing margins in each direction would place my rods more than a metre apart :-0
JUst had the latest Fishtec catalog drop on the mat, and they are doing the ATTx for 149.99 so I think my mind is made up. Was tempted by a fleabay 2nd hand, but they are making nearly that money for units that could b e any age and done any amount of work.

Keith Moors

Reaction score
Although it doesn't affect me because I now live in France I would still like someone to show me exactly where it is written that you must be within one metre of your rods or that your rods must be within one metre of each other. I can remember having this arguement with an NRA bailiff on Linear and he failed to find the necessary piece of legal paperwork. I can think of an enormous number of swims, for instance with timber pontoons, where it is impossible to bivvy up within 3 metres never mind one metre of your rods.

dean?o

Reaction score
hi, i had some of the attx and never had any problems with it. worth looking at if you want to go down that road.

S

Sage

I used ATTX for a few years with my old Delkims. It worked fine. If you want to be hyper critical, it only has one level of setting, so you cant tell the difference between a slight movement or a full blooded run. Then again, I would want to get to the rod ASAP whatever the speed of the take. When I bought the new Delkims I sold it on E-Bay for about the same price I paid for it /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif