Good Venues

big Stu

Reaction score
Hello, been away for a while so hello all.

Am looking to go for a weeks fishing but dont know where to go. Can anyone recommend a fishery with a good head of 30's, some 40's maybe but overall, quiet, scenic, good facilities and not to big (6acres tops)

I live in Kent but am thinking of going up to Bluebell lakes 9ive never been. does anyone have any comments on this lake - ,aybe you've caught Benson?!!

F

Frothey

Can anyone recommend a fishery with a good head of 30's, some 40's maybe but overall, quiet, scenic, good facilities and not to big (6acres tops)

hmmmmm....... private lake in France maybe? hugely expensive syndicate over here? not being funny, but you arent going to find a lake with a stock like that and it be "quiet" over here...... and one word for Bluebell definately isnt quiet!

how about Pavyotts Mill? Furnace near Horsham? If you're happy with Bluebell, it might be up your street.....

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Why not try Linnear fishery, Oxford.

Good choice of lakes, not to busy during the week, some good fish. Scenic is the problem these days with the commercial type waters.

B

Bully

Try some of the Cemex lakes where you can get day/week tickets.....and probably near home as well?

B

Big Rik

FFS, you don't want much do you?
I've been searching for a venue like that for the past 20 years

big Stu

Reaction score
I had originally decided on Furnace until one of Riks posting put me off. But then he is a miserable bugger so i take it with a pinch of salt!!! (love you really rik) Yes, i will be going on a Sunday night and leaving on a Thursday so hopefully get a bit of piece.

As you will know from past postings i have fished a lot at Elphicks in Horsmonden as its very close to me. Although enjoyable for two or three nights with a friend and I have had a a handful of thirties, its the scenery that im bored with. none of the trees and shrubs are mature and there are no features other than lake and obligatory island.

Guess im after a mature commercial fishery! I would have loved to join broadoak with my fishing partner this year but cant afford the price. its a beautiful venue though. rik, if you can afford some serious cash and want to fish for old english carp on an estate lake in beautiful surroundings and limited members then i suggest giving it a go

ill check out the cemex ones - any in particular (travelling doesnt bother me, i have a car!)

Matty C

Reaction score
south lake isnt bad.. or north lake.. never fished north, but would imagine its nice.. fished south lake about a month ago.. was an ok place.. nice trees, a few quiet, tucked out of the way swims in a back bay.. was quite busy when I was there but it was the weekend, dont know about weekdays.. you can phone cemex angling center and ask how many people are booked for the week you want to go.. either that or book the pads lake.. can have the whole lake to yourself if youre willing to pay the money.. maturity wise theyre not bad.. I wouldnt say as nice as the match lake for example, but pleasing on the eye none the less..

B

Big Rik

I know Broadoak as little Stu is on there this year, seems to look good and contain some nice fish, but it doesn't contain a 'good head' of 30's plus some 40's

F

Frothey

Mercers....... you wont be fishing it this year though!

Cemex sandhurst is as close as you'll get, bigger and does get busy though. Neither the Pads or south has a good head of 30's/40's though. Not many places do!

Dintons and Wellington park can be fished on a day ticket, right stock, right hard on a day ticket though.

B

Big Rik

Dintons is day only on a day ticket. Nights is via the syndicate (or used to be) and is slightly more than 6 acres

F

Frothey

sorry, thats what i meant. day ticket means DAY ticket down 'ere in yam sticks.

more chance of getting into Mercers night syndi than Dintons though, they've closed the waiting list.

rather fish Savay on a day ticket, if i'm gonna blank, might as well blank in style!

big Stu

Reaction score
thanks guys - what about orchid, anyone fished there?

Rik - Broadoak has quite a few 30's, a 35 plus common came out last week

big Stu

Reaction score
can anyone comment on the following venues please:

selby 3 lakes
little horseshoe
arron lake (essex)
camerlot (norfolk)
hardwick lake/smiths pool
yateley pads

Matty C

Reaction score
I dont know masses about yateley pads.. I know its tough though.. if it fishes well, it really fishes well, but if its slow, you could blank for the week.. I will quote what it says in the cemex book..

"The entire pads lake may be booked by up to ten anglers for a 24 hour period from 10am to 10am the following morning as a rate of 125 per 24 hours from march to november inclusive, and 62.50 per 24 hours Dec to feb inclusive. A week session of any seven consecutive days is available for a discounted rate of 750 march to nov, and 375 dec to feb"
it goes on to say that you can have the lake to yourself, or share it with a maximum of 10 other people, therfore splitting the cost equally.. Also saying that fish are switched off by too many lines and constant recasting.. so, if you got the money, have it for yourself for 24 hours.. or a week if you got more money than sense..

it says it has about 90 carp in it.. 15-20 of which are differant 30's, going to 38lb.. about 4 acres in size..

hope this helps
Matt

big Stu

Reaction score
thank for all your help - ive booked little horseshoe in gloucestershire. big old english carp, mature 4.5 acre water with plenty of overhanging trees and exclusive bookingfor up to 6 people.

sounds great, will post after i've been