photography

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
Rainmaker -Tripods can be a little bit bulky. Just another bit of kit to carry. I use a lightweight 2ft 6in extending bank stick with a litle adaptor that I found on ebay that is standard to fit cameras It packs away in the pocket of your rod bag just set it up, press the 10 second button, pick up the fish, loads of time.

B

Big Rik

best to practice before you catch the big one, so you know it works

B

Bully

Dont catch one, then you will not be hacked off at missing a pici

D

droughty

you can get a lot of digital cameras now that have remotes on them for taking your self pic the canon G4 and G5 come to mind

justin holness

Reaction score
get acanon g3 or g5 on ebay for £100-£150 they have wireless remote & the screen flips around

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Do you know if those models come with remotes or do you have to buy them and any ideas if they are compatable with the G9?

C

Cakey

Christian....unfortunately Canon forgot this facility on the G9 ,shame because its a good camera

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Thanks Cakey, bit of a shame but it has a good custom self timer mode. You can set it to let say 3 pictures (well as many as you want really) then your bound to get one good one.

C

Cakey

you could build a little attachment to activate the button using a solenoid

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I've think I've seen Wol mention something like that, a bulb release maybe?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Cheers Cakey/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, looks easy enough to use if I find one which fits.

F

Frothey

jessops did a bulb release adaptor like
adaptor1.jpg

bit "heath robinson" but it works..... theres a stainless version on ebay if i remember right.

Paul B

Reaction score
Christian, these might do the job bulb release and adapter. Jessops used to do a neat little bracket which stayed on the camera but I can't find it on their web site.
That's the one Frothey!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Nice one guys that's next on the camera accessory list /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

where theres a will theres a..................................