Irelands Poachers be afraid.

little oik

Reaction score
The EEs that they do catch most of them just skip the country .The problem is that they have rolled this out with only 6 cameras from what we can glean from the fishery boards. I know its a start but 6 cameras I ask you and thats mainly in the Dublin area at the moment .There's a saying that says there is enough lakes in County Cavan to fish a different lake every day for a year .And thats not taking into account all the other Counties or even Rivers .
Lets just hope they can get more funding and get cameras .Mind you there is a Big Brother element that has got to be taken into account ,so there is going to be one of those fine lines that need to adhered to .Don't ask where the line is and how thin though. I realise that London has got a some ridiculous coverage of about 95%,but after all this is the country and not urban sprawl.

caferacer

Reaction score
The general consensus over here is that its a media stunt,the fisheries boards(now the IFI)have had no interest in coarse species protection due mainly to a predominance of game angling which has a very strong lobby group.During the boom years a few years ago when the damage was being done, the Fisheries boards` budget was increased but money was pumped into salmon protection.Now that the building boom has collapsed the East Europeans have all but left, leaving a lot of our lakes in a very sorry way.Too little too late,the horse has long since bolted.