how lucky am i

davie

Reaction score
hi guys [and girls]
firstly great site this is loads for me to learn,,ive recently started carp fishing with a friend from work,[he`s been doing it for a few years]i was always just another coarse angler, anyway he took me to a syndicate lake where i duly paid my ?5 ticket and proceeded to catch over 100lbs of carp in an 8 hr session ive been twice now and both times ive beat the 100lbs,,got some lovely foto`s of them too,my biggest was 15lbs 5oz..i wish i`d been introduced to carping a long time ago..anyway nice to be here and thanks for all the helpfull hints tips and advice i`m sure i will get here..

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Nice one Davie ,good fish .One tip if any one suggests buying a bait boat ,say no.Theres nothing like a screaming run from a carp to wake you up and feel alive.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Welcome Davie but what do you mean 'just another coarse angler'?

Different strokes for different folks, every fish has an appeal and the variety of techniques is what keeps me interested. If I limited myself to one species I'd get bored very quickly.

Nothing wrong with carping and I dabble myself but remember your roots and remember the rivers, you can't beat a bit of prime river.

davie

Reaction score
your absolutley right paul,,i dint realise how bad that sounded till i reread it,,i loved being [and still do] a coarse angler i enjoy fishing for anything and even the blank days are good.and thanks for the welcome guys.

B

Big Rik

I know this will probably degenerate into a "what's proper carp fishing", but a ?5 dayticket and 100lb of small carp in 8 hours sounds like a standard commercial venue, so is more akin to regular course fishing or an overstocked commercial/match water and not what the majority of us would deem to be 'carp fishing'.

There's a world of difference between carp fishing and catching carp.

Wayne Bradford

Reaction score
True but come on rik the guy has just started we all got to start some where i started on a very small local pond there is nothing like the feel of a carp fighting for the first time or any other time for that matter let the guy have his fun doing what he enjoys if only more peopple would try the small ones first there wouldent be so many BAD carp fishermen out there i have seen guys who have got all the gear with no idea they must spend thousends on gear and they never catch a thing and go home angrey where a guy who knows what hes doing could spend weeks and not catch a thing and still be happy let dave do is thing you never know he could be the next record holder as could me or you m8

B

Big Rik

I never said that what he was doing wasn't right.
I believe that a good basic grounding in all course fish, including trotting that light stick, should and would benefit all anglers and will probably stand Davie in very good stead for his ability to read and work a swim better.

The inference that this is carp fishing is probably not Davie's fault, more likely the fault lies with the guy from work who took him.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Glad to hear you've not completely defected Davie.

:O)

I love river fishing even if it can be harder work than some commercials, I just feel the reward of working for a wild fish far outweighs catching stockies round a purpose dug hole.

That's just my opinion and not all commercials fall into that description.

Sitting by a lake in the summer with a waggler float waiting for that tip to dissapear can be just as satisfying.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
davie,

good to have some one new.

It does not matter what type of fishing you do as long as you enjoy it.

Rik, was part right, give your mate at work a kick up the arse. If you want to know a bit more on carp Rik and others on this site will help out, if they can.

If you want to learn about south africa Ron Google Clay is on hand.

Monk will help you on the slapper front, bondage,leather you name it.

Baz is the sites cross dresser, say no more.

Enjoy the site but enjoy your fishing more.

davie

Reaction score
thanks ray, i always enjoy my fishing and i`m sure i`ll get all the help and more i need here.i appreciate everyones comments but i`m definatley not giving my mate at work a kick up the arse, he`s a lot bigger than me and can run faster too,,

B

Big Rik

I always have been and always will be a pleasure angler.
I may do a lot of carp fishing (and some people even think I'm quite good at it) but if it wasn't a pleasure, then I wouldn't do it.

Carpless

Reaction score
Gotta agree with Rik. Started at the smaller commercial fisheries and thought it was great fun. Even did an overnighter at one (never again, about an hours sleep) but i found i soon got bored with doing them every weekend and now devote my time to learning how to fish a bigger reservoir up by me. Only been 3 times with only 9lb bream for all my efforts but there is nothing better than having that one fishery that you love and is still a joy to fish whether you catch or not. Its my home away from home and look forward to many years of fishing up there.

Milo

Reaction score
I've always fished canals and stillwaters for my short time angling (~4-5yrs?), and recently had a bash at the River Severn (85 miles from home). Whilst I only caught one fish on each of the two days I tried, I was more than happy, especially as I managed to get a barbel at 9lb 11oz! The first was 2lb lighter btw. I caught the bigger one just before 6am, and contined for the rest of the day with no more takers but, it was just being there and doing it for me! I set out to cope with the flood conditions and pace of the river, and one fish would've been a bonus!

Glad you had fun, keep going...

Wayne Bradford

Reaction score
im going on my first 48hr carp fishing sesion next weekend at smeatons lakes near newark and im looking forwerd to it the getting away from lifes day to day grind just 48hrs of me my m8 and his young lad and the lake BLISS im not botherd if i dont get a bite at all its the being away and trying that counts

Milo

Reaction score
That's it Eayne! I work in a busy office just off a busy motorway junction, so it's nice to be able to switch off the phone, and sit outside (even if it's pi**ing down!), and unwind! That said, sessions might start lazy but, if you put the effort in, you'll eventually be rewarded!