carp on the trent

phil spring

Reaction score
anyone else been carp fishing on the trent please share your experiences

phil spring

Reaction score
just want to know what potential the river has for carp any1 ever heard of a thirty from the trent? not after venue's just info

Trisantona

Reaction score
47 lb is the official record i believe,although i have heard of a fish that's been out at 51 lb. about 3 yrs ago and 52 lb 2 yrs. ago.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Yes they are there

but thieves are targeting them

catch them and enjoy but shtuuummm!

phil spring

Reaction score
never knew they went that big there again i can understand why anglers are secretive about big river carp, i,ve yet to experience anything in the uk can beat the power of an angry 20pound+ river carp they put barbel to shame

phil spring

Reaction score
i,ve caught barbel to 13lb from the trent but they are not as common in this size as the carp.how many 20lb+ barbel you heard of? pound for pound barbel probally fight better but they just dont grow to the size that the carp do anyway is there any1 out there who,s fished for carp on the trent

Mick Johnson

Reaction score
hi this weekend i have seen two carp caught first one was 11 lbs and the second wsa 15 lbs and at the back end of the season a 28 8oz was also caught so to your question yes give the river a try for carp and fish tight in the margins the trent can only get better tight lines to all

Mick Johnson

Reaction score
hi this weekend i have seen two carp caught first one was 11 lbs and the second was 15 lbs and at the back end of the season a 28 8oz was also caught so to your question yes give the river a try for carp and fish tight in the margins the trent can only get better tight lines to all

CRITTER

Reaction score
the river is well known for a carp or two but as for their location all i can say is if you find them then like others have sead keep it to your self but they are about and in some numbers at that .
the best way to find them is to put your walking boots on pollaroid specs and get to walking stopping at various carpy looking swims and sit back and watch !
i do every season and it works just before the start of the season they make their selves known as they are focusing on fishy love and splashing about .
you cant mistake a big fish crashing on the serfice like red october (the sub) rising.were theirs one their is more trust me !
get to walk about and you will see.
good hunting