fantastic gift!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi,
just thought I would share this with you all.
My beloved has just bought me the best birthday present ever... A led lenser P7 torch!! I have wanted one of these for ages to replace my old maglite, but this flash light is a 1000 times better!
I always take a torch with me when out walking and fishing as you never know when you will need to use one but my maglite, though well made never seemed bright enough and when I have walked home over the fields with my tackle I have tripped over all manner of things!
The Led Lenser flash lites are out of this world, they are compact (5inch) well built out of aircraft grade aluminium and comes with its own pouch. the alkaline batteries last ages (you get a set with the torch) but the best bit is the beam, this small torch will light up the full length of a football pitch (one review I read said that a guy had to pull over in his car because he thought it was another car approaching him with one head lamp!!) If want to feel safe when walking home from fishing at night you must get yourselves one of these babies!
Take a look on Amazon or Torch Direct and read the reviews, they are expensive but you really do get what you pay for, American engineering at its best!

Mark

chav professor

Reaction score
I have used LED lenser head lamps for a few years now and think they are awesome - too bright for general fishing, but used extensively for bait digging on the estuaries or hunting crabs in traps and rocks at night.

You can deaden the beam down a bit by putting rugby sock tape over the lens - great for landing fish - and still plenty bright enough!

A top present!!!!!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've yet to discover my perfect torch.I find them either too bright for when I'm fishing or not bright enough when I'm walking back. Headtorches I find too uncomfortable to wear for long periods but I like the "hands free" option they give you. I have one of those caps with built in lights which is OK but a bit temperamental and ones that clip on to a cap....again OK....but none of them are quite right. The "flashing" option drives me nuts.I have a Chub Sat-lite headtorch with good light options [two red leds & a single white spot] but its fiddly...I may have to make some modifications.

Bankside I prefer red light....quite bright enough for me. I guy I knew years ago used to lug a truck battery around linked up to a lorry headlight. You always knew where he was !

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will still use my old pezzi head lamp for fishing even though its a bit big (never got round to buying one of those new LED lamps thingies, oh and I still use a compass instead of one of those silly sat nav gizmos that still need the use of a compass anyway!!!!) but the reason I wanted this torch was to help me navigate at night when heading home and for my hill walking emergencies (god forbid, but you never know!)

Mark

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I will still use my old pezzi head lamp for fishing even though its a bit big (never got round to buying one of those new LED lamps thingies, oh and I still use a compass instead of one of those silly sat nav gizmos that still need the use of a compass anyway!!!!) but the reason I wanted this torch was to help me navigate at night when heading home and for my hill walking emergencies (god forbid, but you never know!)

Mark

Well it sounds nigh on perfect for that Mark and I may have to have one just for the hell of it....not that impressed with Maglites TBH. Very average IMO.

terry m

Reaction score
I battle on with a robust B&Q headtorch at about 6 quid. Much cheaper, and actually tougher than the branded angling products. Before you ask, no it is not camo!

The LED Lenser looks a quality bit of kit though!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
sorry, correction needed!
the led lenser brand are German not american...SO German engineering at its best then!!
Explains why they are a lot cheaper than the USA made flashlights!!

Mark