Umbrella Help

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Looking to buy a new umbrella. I'd like a really strong one which wont fold up or collapse in the wind, obviously one which is 100% waterproof I've seen a review on a daiwa which leaked! Also would like it to have better adjustment that fully tilted or having to have the pole straight. Looking at spending up to about ?80 for a really good one which will stand the test of the good old british weather! Any suggestions? and where's got the best price?

L

Laurie Harper

Fox brollies are reliable in my experience. I prefer the type with a tilting pole to the sort which require the pole to be attached via an angled thread. If you make sure you use storm poles and guy ropes in the wind, it should withstand all but silly conditions.

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but how are storm poles used in conjunction with an umbrella? I've only ever used guy ropes and pegs up to now.

G

Ged

Storm poles are just rod rests. You use an attatchment that fits on the brolly spoke, this then screws to the rod rest.
I have a 50 inch Waterline brolly. 100% water proof, pole can used at 45 tilt or used as stead fast style. And it isn't too heavy. Had it over 5 years now.

Trisantona

Reaction score
You need two extending storm poles,screw in type are by far the best,about ?5 each and two storm caps prefferably swivel type ,these attach to umbrella ribs,about ?3each,then with your brollie set at an angle you screw the poles into the bank and attach the tops to the ribs of your brollie and your good for anything short of a hurricane !!!just done a google on wavelock nubrolly and found in sweden they are 39.99 (presumably euro's)so it seems once again we are getting ripped off.