marker trouble

Tony Firth

Reaction score
am having trouble with my marker float twisting over my line when casting out.any idears to stop this.cheers

dadondo

Reaction score
hi tony if you have braid as your main line then add a mono leader of one rod length that should cure your problem .

Tony Firth

Reaction score
av got braid as main line,fox float and big running ring with a big bead and 2oz lead.when you cast out it looks ok.but when float does not pop up and you bring it back in the float and main line have twisterd round the running ring.mono leader sounds good............

B

Big Rik

mono leaders cause more problems than they solve, especially on weedy waters.
Braid twists the same as mono, it just disguises it better as it absorbs it into it's open weave.
Either spin a lead off the end or cut everything off and drag out the line and wind it on again with nothing attached.

F

Frothey

for some reason i had the same problem for a little while last year, hadn't had it before, havent had it since! i coated the last 18" or so of the braid with bondage - though superglue would work just as well. it doesnt make it rigid, it just amde it less likely to twist.
the other thing to do is to feather it just before it hits the water - often if you look carefully the lead is a few feet in front of the float due to drag on the float through the air - its that line that twists. feathering it usually untwists it.

Spoddy Dave dst

Reaction score
I know a mono leader works with the twisting problem,but isn't it defeating the the object of using braid in the first place.
Coating the braid by the float seems the best option.