Review - Kryston Meltex PVA Bags

G

Gary Knowles

I agree with Dave, the 'snak pax' are my favourite too. Not just for distance casting but for putting a really, tight, small amount of bait next to the hook in winter.

A great product.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Snak Pax hold just the right amount of bait for my kind of fishing. Excellent product.

W

Wolfman Woody

Rarely use stocking material nowadays.

"maybe Kryston boss Dave Chilton should design a hook!"

Ey-up Frothey, you'll give him ideas, but I've said it for a while now.

J

john conway

I?ve used quite a lot of PVA stocking on the Ribble over the last 3 or 4 years but last night (Thursday) I tied up 25 bags of Super Rockets filled with micro pellets and a couple of halibut pellets and also half a dozen Snak Pax, 50 x 85mm with just halibut pellets. Once I?d got the knack of tying off a nice tight bag, they where a real doodle to do. I?ll certainly be moving over form PVA stocking to Kryston Meltex PVA Bags.
Lets hope I can dodge all this bad weather that?s moving up the country this afternoon, hopefully it wont hit the Ribble until Saturday.

J

john conway

I fill them about ? full then cut the empty part vertically down, twist the ends and knot. There?s a little picture on the bag, it?s dead easy.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
John were you threading them on the hooklenght or just knicking them on.
I got some on a magazine and I have to say they are worlds apart from the bags that you can't usually open,just like the hooklenghts good stuff.

J

john conway

I use two methods:-
a) Mainly I clip the bag onto the lead snap link. I fish this way if I?ve wrapped my pellet with paste. I use a hook length of about 9?.
b) If I?m not using paste I just clip the bag onto the hook.
A slight variation on a) when I?m not using paste, would after you?ve clipped the bag onto your weight snap link, then clip your hook onto the bag.